Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Sometimes I can tell what was economical about a Camco.
BAyR17q.jpg

I think this one wants a poured epoxy handle. I think I'll put off the effort by researching the availability of castable liquid acrylic, though.

Here's a Victorinox Pocket Pal I ordered in 2014. It was just under $11, which would put it over my personal "thrifty threshold", but I've purchased several more since then, all under $10, so the average price of my Pocket Pals is thrifty.
pocketpal1.jpg

- GT

Sorry I missed last Thursday. I haven't missed very many weeks since I first posted in this thread in May 2020. But I'm running low on knives that I consider thrifty. I think I've identified all of the "thrifty" knives I haven't posted yet, and I can post one each week through April 14. Then I'm done until I buy more thrifty knives, or start over by repeating previously-posted knives (or start posting gifted knives whose original cost I'd just have to guess at).

Here's a MAM sheepsfoot. I posted one of these very early in the thread, but I traded that previously-posted knife not so long ago, and bought this replacement last summer.
sheep.mark.closed.flat.dockbench.jpg

- GT

This thrifty knife is one of my favorites. I call it the head scratcher. No stamp on the blade, just an etch on the wood that is already faded and hard to read. One day in the future when my daughter sells my knives for a buck each at a garage sale, some lucky bloke is going to buy this and wonder what kind of weird knife he just bought.

50163201797_3a0479e8fc_c.jpg

My Aitor still has the “Castor” etch on the blade. I should carry it more.

Sorry I missed last Thursday. I haven't missed very many weeks since I first posted in this thread in May 2020. But I'm running low on knives that I consider thrifty. I think I've identified all of the "thrifty" knives I haven't posted yet, and I can post one each week through April 14. Then I'm done until I buy more thrifty knives, or start over by repeating previously-posted knives (or start posting gifted knives whose original cost I'd just have to guess at).

Here's a MAM sheepsfoot. I posted one of these very early in the thread, but I traded that previously-posted knife not so long ago, and bought this replacement last summer.
View attachment 1744641

- GT
Great knife. Nice n' slicey. View attachment 1744752

Back