Throwers on amazon??

Opps My Bad I use the SURE Balance Thrower (6) not the Perfect or the Pro. I have 2 True Flight Throwers also but they came too sharp for throwing.

Hello all,
I have the BOKER Zeil and a large range of the CS throwers from true flight to the pro balance and the largest. I also throw alot of the Gil Hibben Big throwing knife that comes in a set of 3. They are all great but the Bokers I sent back and got replacements because all the tips broke. I broke 2 of the Hibbens in half at 16ft on a warm day just broke. The CS i throw and throw and love them plus i make a few out of cold rolled steel and I go to thrift stores look for old tools with good steel that i work into throwers. thanks for the time

Are the Sure Balance if you are trying to learn no spin? If not can someone recommend something.

Are the Sure Balance good if you are trying to learn no spin? If not can someone recommend something.

Well, while these guys duke it out over the TF, I have thrown the living crap outta my CS Perfect Balance, and all I've managed to do is roll the edge a little.

Same here, except I hit it with another knife and took a chunk out of the handle

I would however wrap the handle plates with a couple-three layers of tape if it suits you. The screws are susceptible to breaking, but the tape will tend to absorb enough shock to overcome this. I like bright colors to make it easier to find in the grass if I miss.

I'd just take the plates off all together, on my second throw they chipped and I got a nasty sliver. I wrapped it in cord near the edge, that way, it's nowhere near where you're throwing from but it still absorbs the shock a bit.

Im sure you'll find something worth buying on Amazon. One thing to note though, try and lean towards longer throwing knives, like 10-13 inches. I have heard those are easier than shorter ones.

the only thing wrong with buying off amazon is that you only got a 30 dollar giftcard and your gonna wanna buy about 6 or so knifes to start out with. Good quality knifes are gonna cost ya more then that. Also, trueflight throwers are good but their edges are too sharp i think for beginners or even more advanced throwers. you dont need a sharp edge, you need a sharp point! sharp edges will slit your hand wide open which is a real posiblity if your not paying attention and your technique. right now i think the best throwers for the money are the ones im trying to find, Cold Steel Sure Balance Thrower, but im having trouble finding it for cheap (13bucks or so for each shipped should be the price).

bottom line is your gonna want a heavier knife (at least 10+oz) so it sticks in, blunted edges for protection from mishaps yet a sharp tip and it being made out of some kind of reslient metal.

Back