Throwing like Crocodile Dundee

First Post ever, coming from Northern this is slightly out of my league all the super knifesmith and me only cleaning up old bowies and khukris and sharpening, only a boy.

Well I was watching Croc Dundee the other night, the second one, and he throws his bowie at a dude wiping it out from his back scabbard and throws it straight, the thing i want to know it can a knife like that be thrown STRAIGHT, no rotations into the middle of someone's big hair do? If so how because that's the type of throwing i like but can never do, whether it's possible.

Many thanks,
Pootsy,

P.S. Which do you all find easily blade held throwing or hilt held throwing I don't gte how you could throwa knife from it's blade if it's "razor sharp" i much prefer throwing from the hilt, i can get my knife which costs me $20 3 icnhes into an oak tree throwing from the hilt but qwhen i switch to blade it's only bout an inch, why?

thanks again,
Phil.

Hi Phil,

Well, this one is certainly right up my alley!

Go to combatknifethrowing.com for information on the straight knife throw. The site has lots of stuff that should be self-explanatory.

Regards

Ralph Thorn

Thanks

Any information on how to throw without spin though?

NEED / WANT to know how to

thanks in advance,
phil

The grip and the use of wrist action are the main things. The grip involves holding the knife on the back end of the handle so that your index finger is on the spine of the knife. The wrist action involves flipping the hand forward as you release the knife, although shuriken throwers do it a little differently...

RT

First Post ever, coming from Northern this is slightly out of my league all the super knifesmith and me only cleaning up old bowies and khukris and sharpening, only a boy.

Well I was watching Croc Dundee the other night, the second one, and he throws his bowie at a dude wiping it out from his back scabbard and throws it straight, the thing i want to know it can a knife like that be thrown STRAIGHT, no rotations into the middle of someone's big hair do? If so how because that's the type of throwing i like but can never do, whether it's possible.

Many thanks,
Pootsy,

P.S. Which do you all find easily blade held throwing or hilt held throwing I don't gte how you could throwa knife from it's blade if it's "razor sharp" i much prefer throwing from the hilt, i can get my knife which costs me $20 3 icnhes into an oak tree throwing from the hilt but qwhen i switch to blade it's only bout an inch, why?

thanks again,
Phil.
visit throwzini.com and look at the articals here is a great link too
http://www.combatknifethrowing.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=17

Back