• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

throwing spikes

has any one tryed them
I make my own out of 12 in nails and a bench grinder my throwing style is no spin I've been throwing for about 3 months I can hit center target from 16 feet

I throw them some, simply because at $0.57ea, I don't really care what happens to them. I do need to sharpen them, though, as I have been throwing them with their factory tips. After an hour of throwing, my arm is worn out. My throw mimics a baseball pitch. Needless to say, I have to throw them pretty hard to get them to stick with that orignal tip.

2'x4' target

the way I hold the knife or spike is I point my 4 fingers vertically and grab the handle of what ever I am throwing(like I am trying to touch my pinky with my thumb)this is also shown in the pictures in the link. the way I throw is decribed in the link as well
hope this helps I cant explain it much better
look at TECHNIQUES 2

http://www.secrets-of-shuriken.com.au/index1.htm

oh and don't use your wrist
try taping it
so you can feel when your wrist moves(you want the tape tight enough so your wrist has a hard time moving but not cutting off your circulation)eventually with practice you won't move your wrist and the knife will shoot straight like an aarow

Back