throwing tools

Tools? Throwing tools? Holy crap, get a life! :jerkit:

Spitting needles takes the cake, though! :eek:

You could try throwing yourself:p
Sorry, couldn't help it.

I've managed to do okay with a machete if I have enough room. The hardwood stumps are a lot harder to stick than the redwood, I think the flexiness gets it, or maybe I'm still twisting a bit.

go to home Depot and buy the biggest nails they have. Theyre 12" long. Then cut the heads off with a hacksaw. From there sharpen the tips to a sharp point with a bench grinder. they throw better than knives and stick hard. Awsome set of throwers and will only cost you about 3-4 bucks for 5 of them.

To heck with nails and knives, i need one of those tactical "throwing logs"!lol!

"Father Saves Sons From Bear Attack

HELEN, Ga. – A 135-kilogram black bear raided a family's campsite, and the father saved his sons from harm by throwing a log at the beast, killing it with a single blow.
A father saved his sons from a bear attack by throwing a log at the animal, thereby killing it. (AP)

Chris Everhart and his three sons were camping in the Chattahoochee National Forest in northern Georgia when the encounter happened Saturday.
The bear took the family's cooler and was heading back to the woods when the youngest son, six-year-old Logan, hurled a shovel at it.
The bear then dropped the cooler and started coming at the boy, said his father. Fearing what might happen next, Everhart, an ex-marine, grabbed the closest thing he could find – a log from their stash of firewood.

"(I) threw it at it and it happened to hit the bear in the head," Everhart said. "I thought it just knocked it out but it actually ended up killing the bear."

Everhart was given a ticket for failing to secure his campsite, said Ken Riddleberger, a region supervisor for game management with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.

"We've not had an attack in Georgia," Riddleberger said. "The key thing to learn from this is if there's a bear around, do not have your garbage or food available. If we manage our food, we won't have bears around."

The attack happened the same weekend that an 11-year-old boy was killed by a black bear while camping in a forest in Utah. Sam Ives was found mauled to death after he was pulled screaming from his tent in the Uinta National Forest, about 50 kilometres southeast of Salt Lake City.

Authorities said it was the first recorded fatal attack by a black bear in that state. His family said there was no food in the tent to attract a bear."

06-22-07 14:04 EDT
http://news.channels.aolsvc.aol.ca/news/article.adp?id=20070622144709990016

anybody got a close up pic from that cs spetnaz shovel? is it sharp like a knife?

The one from cold steel (which I have) has a utility edge on it (you could probably lop of some one's hand or head with a hard swing) but it is not too sharp, you could simply sharpen it up if you wanted to.

They throw and stick very well.

I grew up on a farm in the midwest, and I used to amuse myself by throwing pitchforks - standard, 3 or 4-tine farm-style pitchforks - at hay bales. I'd grab the pichfork by the end of the handle, wind up baseball-bat style (except with the pitchfork held horizontally rather than "over the shoulder", swing it in as flat a horizontal arc as I could manage, and let 'er fly!.

The pitchfork would spin about twice, then slam into the hay bale with a very satisfying "thud".

From "across the room" distances of 15 or 20 feet, I was pretty good, hitting a 2' x 3' hay bale (about the same size as a human torso, don'cha know) in the approximate center every time.

The weight of the pitchfork would drive the tines, which are about 10" long, entirely into a dense alfalfa or straw bale, and I'd knock the bale over unless it was braced against something, so the impack shock must have been considerable.

Not the sort of tool you'd want to carry to a fight, but it was an amusing pastime for a (sometimes) bored farm boy.

My favorite is the paddle aka spade wood drill bit. I buy the 3/8" size and grid off the side points (leaving the central point).

Back about '74 I was over at a friends house helping him work on a car and had a large flat blade screwdriver in my hand and a large bowie knife on my belt. One of the hippies in the neigborhood who was also an auto mechanic in his house garage started berating me for carrying the knife calling me names like murderer and fascist. I flipped the screwdriver around so I was holding it by the blade and buried about half the length of the shaft in an oak tree. I told him that if I were all the things he was calling me I wouldn't use a knife on him.

After getting his attention he and I had a very pleasant conversation regarding intolerance and bigotry.

I love throwing screwdrivers.:p

Back