Thumbstuds on black MOD Trident

Today at a gun and knife show I acquired my second Trident, this one has a black blade and is serrated. I was cycling the blade to break in the action when I thought I felt something unusual with the thumbstuds. Upon closer examination, the discovery was made that the studs rotate along with the thumb. Any other owners of the black bladed Tridents notice this with theirs? Or is it just the one I have? Just to be sure, I checked my bead blasted Trident and even my SOCOM. Sure enough, studs on those don't rotate. Anyway, the rotating studs are pretty neat. they seem to make opening the knife a bit easier on the thumb.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Does that one also have that funny dent on the left side in front part of the blade? As it turned out, all the bead blasted models do have it.

Just curious, the Trident is a cute toy.

Hi Ralf - mine does not have the funny dent like my other one does. The dealer who I bought the black one from had another black in stock and I checked it out as well for the dent...seems like they have corrected this.

------------------
Dexter Ewing
Knife Reviews Moderator

"The keystroke is mightier than the sword"

Hmm? I wonder if MOD will replace my bead blasted dented blade with a non dented black one. That little dent doesn't really bother me (this has become my using/carry knife), but it does "spoil" an otherwise perfect knife. Except for the "dent" my Trident is just as perfect in fit and finish as my Microtechs. I'm planning on getting a plain edge auto Trident (for my collection) -- do these have the dent?

Thanks
jc

Back