dGiA5Su.jpg

XTegyq2.jpg

Yy9GfWr.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
I posted video on the Facebook
visit HI Facebook to view video

ATTENTION EVERYONE THAT DOESN’T HAVE ONE OF THESE, YOU NEED ONE!
FYI: preppers creed....1 is none and 2 is 1!!!!

KITEMAN...WHERE ARE YOU?!?!

Last edited:
I’d like to talk about some ABS “master smith” arguments as I was observing the symmetry of the Farm Knife. Most of them liked to have an edge that had a continued upward sweep on the edge like the edge of the FK! There was 1 smith that argued to have his edge sweep down because it cut better like a Khukuri.
These thoughts came back to me tonight, from the 1980’s, as I was looking at the edge of the FK! All agreed to have the angle of the handle to aim downward....which is the angles on the FK!
Just thought I’d inject a memory into this post!
Again a great knife and mine has been a tremendous chopper that I’d gladly put through any cutting challenge.

If I don't end up sending an email tonight, I'll be surprised.

I keep thinking of all the stuff I could chop with it. The handle on this one seems so nicely chamfered and everything...

I was a little slow, but realized that this is a "Thunderstorm Special." Anyway, I have a Farm Knife by Kumar that is pretty much identical to this one, and it's great.

The edge geometry is rather narrow on mine, so might not stand up to lots of heavy chopping, but definitely bites deep and should be good for everything from cutting up onions to lopping 2 or 3 inch diameter branches or saplings.

The handle slabs on mine seem to be neem wood rather than bamboo root, so that's the only difference.

What David said is to be noted. The edge on mine is about like a KLVUK but even a little thinner. Careful chopping especially dried hardwood core stuff. Id like to have a custom one with AK edge myself because the geometry is so nice for it. Then I guess it would be not much different than an AKB? I agree they are great in the kitchen!

Back