1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ti/Carbon Fiber S90v Military sale

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by DJC72, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ToxicBot11

ToxicBot11

Apr 28, 2013
    IMO That's not late lockup and I would be fine with that..never have liked early lockup because it severely compromises strength as it allows failure due to shear.

Now the Spyderco K2? That's what I consider late lockup. Mines probably at about 85-90% lockup.

OTOH I think the K2 was designed that way..I like the K2's lockup..is about as solid as a folding knife gets.

2. anycal

anycal

Jan 11, 2017
    The lockbar adjustment does work. I had a late lockup on my Mantra. Loosening up the lockbar screws gives you a hair of adjustment. It is perfect now, and hasn't moved in months. Doesn't take much.

3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Are you sure thats sth Spyderco will adjust? This is an honest question because IMO it is not an issue and Spyderco may think the same way as well.

4. Hopweaver

Hopweaver Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2016
    I have no idea if they accommodate this type of request. I would contact the Warranty/Repair department first.

5. Va.koi guy

Va.koi guy

Sep 3, 2018
    I bet this thread has sold more Ti Millie's than anyone could believe! LoL
    Wondering how many are left?
    Thanks to you all, I have one in the mail.
    Thought a Rex 45 would be my first... They should compliment each other quite well.
    If I can get my hands on the Rex 45!

Yonose likes this.
  6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Come on Rex Millie!

7. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    I’ve been carrying this Millie in s90v for awhile now. No problem whatsoever sharpening it with the dmt diafold green/tan—or maybe I’m just bringing the edge back, but whatever. The cts-204p lost its edge rather quickly on some abrasive materials, but it came back to super sharp pretty quickly as well. I’m a big fan of both of these kw exclusives.

Va.koi guy likes this.
  8. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    I've been wanting to try the Millie for some time now and after following this thread for several months decided to jump on this version before they're gone.Ordered one yesterday and the lady from KW's said there was about 75 of these left. I'd intended to get a standard digi / blk version for my first, but I can always get that one down the road.

9. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    About three or four months ago I was told there were only about 50 left. Does this mean KW continues to have batches of this knife in? In other words, it is not a run of a limited number?

10. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    KWs says a 1200 piece run.

sharp_edge likes this.
  11. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Someone probably just estimated how many were left. Do you require an exact amount for some reason?

12. Va.koi guy

Va.koi guy

Sep 3, 2018
    Out of 1200 pieces, by the time they have less than 100 , folks might be quoting, what they honestly thought. Common in retail,
    it doesn't matter how many less than 100 , especially if it's a one time run.
    Mine is a perfect specimen! Glad to have it in rotation. Gotta love Millie exclusives and sprints. BTW where's the Rex 45??

Yonose likes this.
  13. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    well, the one I bought has shiny patches at certain light and I wondered if its normal. The kw lady said her guy checked about 50 left and all were like that, hence not abnormal.

14. Va.koi guy

Va.koi guy

Sep 3, 2018
    Are the shiny patches on the titanium?
    That surface is known to show abrasion easily.
    But if it's right out of the box, not sure!

15. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    On the s90v blade. Not ti. Was discussed earlier in the thread.

skyhorse likes this.
  16. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    I'm actually surprised these didn't sell out really fast. Given the titanium / carbon fiber construction it seems like a "real deal" imho.

Mo2 likes this.
  17. sharp_edge

Jul 30, 2015
    I have never seen any millie got sold out quickly. The fan base of millie is much smaller than PM2.

skyhorse likes this.
  18. skyhorse

Jan 30, 2010
    The Knife Works exclusive Millie landed in the mail box yesterday while I was at work. Great service, ordered it late Friday afternoon and delivered Monday morning in NM. The build quality of this knife is stellar. If it came with a little blue cloth diaper and birth certificate I'd swear it was one Chris's very own babies.:eek::D The factory edge came sharp but not quite the surgical scalpel sharpness typical of most Spyderco knives. Gotta say this knife is one helluva deal !:thumbsup::)

Va.koi guy likes this.
  19. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Once this knife breaks in, it’s smooth in a hydraulic way. What a great knife! While it may be blasphemy, ( a Pm2 frame lock) I’d love to see a Pm2 version.

Va.koi guy likes this.
  20. sharkattacksw

sharkattacksw

Aug 4, 2008
    This was my first Military. I was hesitant to try one due to tip down and the overall size. For me, the PM2 is perfect. However, I have to say, I like it a lot more than I thought. It’s large, but not gigantic. It’s not office friendly by any stretch, but outside of work, I can carry it without issue.
    Not sure if I’ll hang onto it long term, but for now, it’s a keeper.

Va.koi guy likes this.