Ti Lite Trouble

Haven't read all of the other replies, but the quillion isn't meant to be a flipper. It's a guard and wave like feature. The thumb stud is actually perfectly placed for flicking the blade open there's just a little trick to it. Push directly up in line ( parallel) with the handle and it will fly out like an auto.

Try using the thumb stud a little differently.
Phil designed that knife with a really small "arc" of rotation for the thumb opening. Instead of rolling it open like most other folders, try pushing in a "flipping a coin" movement with your thumb. It'll snap open lightning fast. It takes some getting used to, and it's easier to demonstrate than explain in test, but once you get the hang of it, it's a great knife and very easy to use
Can you recommend a video showing this? Thanks much.

The "coin flip" technique works better for me with the 6" model. With the 4", I put my thumb on the quillion and roll it open (probably not the safest technique, but it works for me). If you want an easy opener and a flicker, try a Luzon.

I keep my Ti-Lite in my desk drawer, so I just now pulled it out and flipped it open. It takes some practice, but keep at it. Push the thumb stud out as you flick your wrist.

It can be launched super quickly with no wrist flick at all. The idea is to flick the thumb up nearly parallel to the handle, as opposed to flicking away from the handle. Large thumbs may have more difficulty getting enough meat behind the stud initially.

The "coin flip" technique works better for me with the 6" model. With the 4", I put my thumb on the quillion and roll it open (probably not the safest technique, but it works for me). If you want an easy opener and a flicker, try a Luzon.
Thanks for the good advice. Have you tried the large Luzon?

If you pm me your email address or phone number I can send you a vid.

I don’t know how to upload a vid here without going through a whole process of uploading to youtube first.
Thanks very much. PM on the way.

Yes, that's the only Luzon that I own. A great knife, I should try the smaller size.
Do you find the pocket clip comfortable? Thanks my friend.

I almost never use a pocket clip, but on the large Luzon, it doesn't seem to bother if I just drop the knife in my jeans front pocket. It is actually one of the most comfortable pocket clips that I have to carry this way. With metal clips, I usually remove them.

I almost never use a pocket clip, but on the large Luzon, it doesn't seem to bother if I just drop the knife in my jeans front pocket. It is actually one of the most comfortable pocket clips that I have to carry this way. With metal clips, I usually remove them.
Thank you for the reply. That sounds encouraging to me.

Back