Ti Salsa- left hand friendly?

Just wondering if the clip on the Ti salsa can be reversed for lefthand carry( it appears that the other salsas can, but please correct me if i'm wrong.) Also how easy is it to work the compression lock on these models with your left hand?

The clip isn't reversable for lefty use, but you can remove it if you wish. But operating the compression lock left handed is OK, you get used to it.

It's a cool knife BTW :)

Actually..the compression lock used on the left side is what I see as really a left handed compression lock..ROFL..
I just said this in favorite lock thread..
The Gunting is mirror image of all other compression locks and so to me the regular compression lock IS a left handed engineered lock..
it works fine in the left hand....

bram

Cheers, BRAM.;)
I really appreciate the info, it's what I suspected it looked like, but wasn't too sure and as there is no shop near me that sells knives (or quality knives to be exact) all my purchases have to be via mail order, I only get to see pictures before deciding on a purchase.

It would be great however if the Gunting/Escalator was avaliable left handed. I LOVE that knife. especially after seeing it on Micheal Janich's "Fighting folders" video, with the kydex sheath. :D :) :D

Thanks again.

I saw some pics on the KnifeForums.com from Chad123 whose Ti Salsa had he exact same wire clip as the Aluminum versions. That clip certainly looked to be reversible. I have seen other pics of the Ti Salsa (prototypes?) where the clip is noticably different from the Alu ones, and which doesn't look reversable for lefty use.

Cheers,

Wouter

Back