Tigersharks

a4b83035b58c2aae3096c0280834388a.jpg
. Old & new, tough as they come;)

Nice!

Thanks for sharing, Carney C.

Side note: Most likely this has been mentioned before, but I think it would be great if the Tigershark was remade "old school" using a material such as CPM-3V. I would buy one in a "heartbeat."

Regards,
d-1

An upgrade in steel might certainly stimulate some interest. I have both of those models. However, other than just fondling it, I have yet to find a use for mine that another knife that I prefer more. Which leads me to to the market decisions. Would I buy another Tiger Shark made in a better steel at a much higher price point when there are so many other good knives on the market? Probably not.

Interesting thought. Today the big about 9" blade bowies can be divided into Carbon Steel models made in the US, Taiwan OEM models using Aus8 (like the current Tigershark) or Carbon Steels, Chinese OEMs using "440c", and the Hattori Seki made CS TM SM, Fallknven A2, NL1 Thor. It seems to me that for SOG to come out with a Tigershark that would interest me today, it would have to be at least in the last category. And if they really wanted mre to buy it it would hae to surpass the competition using a laminate with a powder steel like Cowry-X or 3G as a core.
An easier path that might do the trick is for SOG to ask G.Sakai to make the Seal Bowies in SKD11 which is very similar to D2 with an RC 60-62.
G,Sakai alred makes anig bowie in SKD11 (Hugh Power Edge Samurai Bowie) AND G.Sakai already makes SOG's Seki folders.

Back