Recommendation? Tightening the Taco

PeteyTwoPointOne

Platinum Member
Ok, ok...calm down...Now that I have your attention:

What's your go to method to improve retention and eliminate rattle if you have a kydex taco that's too loosey-goosey?

Remember this ain't Whine & Cheese so go easy on the wedding night double-entendre joking replies*...

*at least keep it PG-13 ;):p:cool:

Total Beavis and Butthead moment for me...

I could have predicted it ;) ... so forgive me but I knew the thread title would be like slop for hogs and I wanted some traffic to get the best advice!

BTW, thanks David Brown David Brown ... that guy's advice helps with retention at the pinch point/throat area ... what if there's rattle all the length of the blade? Can you heat with the blade in and re-press the entire taco. This is an INFI blade, btw.

I use a heat gun and my fingers or if its really bad a press i made out of a couple pieces of camp mattress foam a couple pieces of plywood and some clamps, then stand on it until its cool.

I could have predicted it ;) ... so forgive me but I knew the thread title would be like slop for hogs and I wanted some traffic to get the best advice!

BTW, thanks David Brown David Brown ... that guy's advice helps with retention at the pinch point/throat area ... what if there's rattle all the length of the blade? Can you heat with the blade in and re-press the entire taco. This is an INFI blade, btw.

The re-press never works right. something always literally goes sideways.

they heat up a spot on the back side and dent it in with your finger is a pretty safe bet.

The re-press never works right. something always literally goes sideways.

they heat up a spot on the back side and dent it in with your finger is a pretty safe bet.

I tried this with a cheap taco the other day, used a big thick book as a press, and you are right, there is a curve at the tip of the taco now...no big deal, it was a home made taco a guy did for me, and it still holds the blade and does it's job, OKAY...never got rid of the weeble wabble P2.1 is seeking to reduce...

Ha, I’ve always wondered what the reaction of women would be if Enzyte etc. claimed to do what the title of this thread implies instead of what they’re falsely advertise to do. Those commercials wouldn’t have lasted for more than two days.

Back