Timberline's Worden folder

Nice-looking knife, reminiscent of the Carnivore. I feel that's a very practical set-up for defensive applications. While I don't know about this knife, the Carnivore has a similar handle, and it's extremely secure for defensive uses, but not very comfortable for utility use. It's a liner lock so I won't be getting one, but I'd love to hear a review down the line.

Joe

Veeerrryy Carnivour-ish.

Not suprising, since anything designed by Kelly Worden is purpose built, with defense solely in mind. I like the price point better than the Carny ! Seems like a heavier duty, upscale KFF.

I know Pat Crawford makes a custom version - it's called the Wortac. From my understanding, the Wortac is a LARGE knife, much like the KFF.

[This message has been edited by Squid (edited 03-14-2001).]

That is the first I have heard about this knife. It looks very nice. Nice price point too. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has one.

I've played with the WORTAC before, and it's pretty damned cool--yes, it does handle something like my Carnivore--it's just got more of a "pistol grip"-style curve on it, as I recall, felt good in both saber/hammer and reverse grip, flowed well in my hand...this production version is priced VERY nicely too! Better steel than the CRKT KFF...hmmm, I might be snagging this sometime...I'll wait for the formal reviews, though...but it does look like a keeper--still won't replace my Carnie for the everyday, but maybe as a spare piece, or as a gift? Hmmmm...
smile.gif

~bayani~

Hmm.. seems like this folder is going to give CRKT's KFF a run for the money, considering this one has AUS-8 blade steel, something we have always wanted on the CRKT's KFF. Construction seems to be almost the same, except nobody here knows how good Timberline's quality really is yet.

Anyone who has one of these, a review will be appreciated.
smile.gif

Dan

I am selling these for $45 plus shipping if anyone is interested. I take Mastercard and Visa as well as money orders or cashiers checks.

tm11293.jpg

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

got mine today..ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !
this thing is unbelievable..thick, strong and the blade is cool..i have the serrated, large version... wow!!!!!!
only took 2 days from knifecenter

I just got a shipment in. My initial response is that Timberline has a winner here. For the $$$ I prefer it to the Columbia River KFF. No blade play and the lockup is tighter than my personal KFF. I think I will have to keep one for myself
wink.gif

The size and weight is reminiscent of the KFF.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Why must the companies "tackey" up a knife with logos on the blade?
Personal pet peeve mode off, I feel better...
Looks nice, anyone actually use it yet?
I picked up Crawford's Wortac, and that's an awesome piece. Anyone play with both?
Tanks!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ebbtide:
Why must the companies "tackey" up a knife with logos on the blade?...</font>

I'm with you, bro. I have one of the hand-ground Al Mar WORTACs. It's a great knife but Al Mar put even more writing on the blade than Timberline. I also love my BF SIFU but, IMO, all the writing on each side cheapens it & makes it look like a bad billboard.

I love the design & handling characteristics of the WORTAC but I really wish Timerline had chosen a different locking mechanism for their version. I'll be very interested in learning how reliable it proves to be once a bunch of these get out there. I don't recall exactly how Timberline's "Discovery" cam-lock works but, IMO, it might have been a better choice than a liner lock.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian
(formerly bcaffrey)
He who finishes with the most toys wins.

FWIW, the liner lock on the smaller version I just took receipt of is solid.

Lines up fully on the left side of the tang and passes the spine whack test.

Fit and finish is excellent, especially considering the price point. Edge came extremely sharp right out of the box.

Like you guys, I'm not a big fan of logos and etching on my blades, but this is still a quality piece and well worth consideration.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Blues' Knife Pix

Eveyone I have sold them to seem to like them pretty good. I have been crrying one on duty since I got the first shipment in. I think it is a really good knife at this pricepoint. I have some of the smaller ones on the way. I am curious to see how they feel in comparison to the large ones.

------------------
Dennis Bible

Back