Time for a Survival Knife?

<font color=red>I sure would like to see a fixed blade survival knife from Spyderco, featuring VG-10 steel!!<font color=black>

What about you?

Hi depaul,

I think your wish will come true...kinda.
We're working on a Fred Perrin collaboration fixed-blade with VG-10. Maybe not big enough to qualify as a 'survival knife' with a blade length of 5 inches, but pretty nice just the same.

We'll have more info. on it in the coming weeks.

Joyce

A 5" survival fixed blade is not bad. Most knife companys don't take in to account that sometimes your not allowed to carry anything bigger. A good example is my unit here in the 82nd, we're not allowed anything over 6". The state of TX from what I hear allows only 5.5" blades.

Hi Joyce, how are you??

Those are great news!! My only problem now is the waiting issue. You don´t happen to know when they will be available??

<font color=blue>Have a great time and say hallo to the staff from me (
smile.gif
)<font color=black>

Fred Perrin and Nemo REALLY know their stuff! Any design from Fred in VG-10 and Spyderco is going to be one heck of a good knife. I love the philosophy of Fred in wanting to bring a new urban bowie knife that can be carried every day. The only blade of value is the one you are carrying after all. This is something I am REALLY looking forward to.

------------------
Wayne.
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

Man that sounds great! Any chance of seeing some prototype pictures or drawings?

--Matt

NIB -- I'm no expert on Texas, but methinks you have something kind of mixed up. No idea what their fixed blade laws allow, but you are allowed to carry a 5.5" folder concealed.

I believe in most states what length one carries opoenly in fixed blades sheathed is mostly limited by your inseam. Then again, am not all that sure that swords are legal to carry.

I think if you go to the BDF, a search on laws will provide threads with links to all state laws.

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

biggrin.gif
Happy dance time!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the heads-up, Joyce. I saw the Perrin prototype at the November NYC show & I've been doing my best to not bug Sal about its release date.

------------------
Cheers,
Brian

He who finishes with the most toys wins.

Back