Timerline Worden?

I have been carrying one for about a week now. I have also sold many of them. They are in the same class as the Columbia River KFF, but they use AUS-8 instead of AUS-6. The Worden is also more comfortable to me. The KFF does have the LAWKS and the Worden doesn't. Mine passes the spinewhack test with flying colors, but someone mentioned having one fail. I believe they also said that they corrected the problem. I think it is a serviceable knife for a decent price. Should compete nicely with the KFF.

------------------
Dennis Bible

....Almost here, The Leading Edge....
http://www.theleadingedgeonline.com

I handled one just the other night in class and I much prefer it's feel to that of CRKT large Crawford KFF, overall. I do wish it had the LAWKS system or something similar as I would then try back cutting with it.

The Worden is much slimmer, rounder and less blocky than the CRKT which for me and my small hands makes it fit much more comfortably and ergonomically. There's enough length behind the finger groove that a person with small to medium sized hands could index back and and still have a handful of handle. But because of the dropped and swollen butt (yeah, I know how that last line reads) I can still get a secure grip when using the finger groove. Because of it's lighter weight and slimmer profile I found it much more active and alive than my CRKT.

The blade has that slight recurve with the sweeping belly. It goes to point just fine, but in the opinion of my teacher (who is a friend of Datu Worden) it is designed primarily as a slasher/cutter with a minor in point work.

Can't speak for the quality of the steel, but for the price I think it's overall quality is excellent. It may not replace my Military, but it's definitely on my buy list.

------------------
All you need is love... a sharp blade and a full clip

I have a Worden and as shootist16 said, I did have a problem with the spine whacking test that I fixed very easily. All I had to do was take the knife apart and rough up the locking engagement surfaces with some 100 grit sandpaper and now everything locks up tight. For such a large handle, it carries surprisingly well in the pocket. I think you'll definitely like it.

Back