Timothy Potier MS - Blackwood Coffin Bowie

10" Carbon Steel Bowie w/ African Blackwood Handle & Nickel Silver Sheath. The handle and frog are checkered at 20 lines per inch; European flat diamond style.
Timothy lives in Oberlin, LA. He's known for his elegant checkering style, ultra-clean fit/finish and his big black moustache!
Click to enlarge:

Wow - a Potier bowie - there's something you don't see every day. :eek: That is a supremely elegant package - just wonderful. Real nice photo too.

Roger

Tim Potier is one of the best bladesmiths out there, and his fit and finish is up there with the best.

That knife originally belonged to Johnny Perry.
I missed it by 5 minutes when he sold his collection at Blade 2 years ago.
Potier bought it BACK from him, thats how nice that knife is. One of the best straight carbon bowies I have ever seen.
Potier rarely makes the "lists" of top bladesmiths since he isn't very prolific.
I have 2 Potier knives and feel fortunate as they are without flaw.

Just gorgeous. Easy to see where some of the inspiration came from that allows JP to put out the quality of work that he does.

Glad you guys like Timothy's knife. I must confess I'm not sharp enough to pick a knife like this out of a crowd. It's true that I noticed it - and I liked it. But in the end someone with a whole lot more experience than I have helped me see it for what it truly is.

BTW, that's a 7 (seven) piece ferrule. Also - amazingly, this is Timothy's first silver sheath! Here's a shot of the handle, ferrule and guard:

Back