1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tiny Fixed Blades That Could Fit in a Pocket? Boker?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Murphenstein44, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    I have a couple small fixed blades, but I generally carry my schrade schf14, kabar adventure piggyback, Becker remora, or bk11. Here in sc we're allowed to conceal as well, the schrade and bk11 will both fit nicely in your pocket, while the remora and kabar piggyback both make great neck knives.

All those knives I mentioned are reasonably priced as well, ranging from $13-$45.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. strategy9

strategy9 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Considering the op said he was looking for a fixed blade, I'm pretty sure he would have found the right one had he google searched it, when all the different "kiss" models were listed and only one was not a folder.:thumbup:

3. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Or you could just be correct with what you recommend:eek:

4. Bobby3326

Bobby3326

Mar 16, 2013
    Gentlemen must we be so petty?

5. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I'm just about finished with my versions. I'm working on more than one to see which works best. I'll post up all of them when I'm done.

6. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Most of these would be fine for pocket carry. I typically carry a traditional in the pocket, or an SAK so my small fixed blades go around my neck. Have you considered that a neck knife under the shirt is "concealed"? I usually have a large folder in another pocket such as a BM761 or ZT0350.

I carry a necker EVERY DAY and no one has ever question what is on the ball chain around my neck. Never. Adjusted correctly, the blade will hang right in the depression of the sternum and depending on the shirt you have on, will be almost invisible.

One last piece of advice on a necker. I've seen people use paracord for their neckers. That is great in the bush or around camp in the woods. In the city, breakable ball chain is safer in the super rare chance you are ever attacked. The chain will break and the paracord can get you strangled to death (Yes, I get it. If an attacker is choking you with your ball chain necker, you will lose that knife to the attacker. Once it breaks free you can run away).

Most of these small neckers are available at retail. The ARK was mentioned here a few times. Incredible pocket fixed blade or necker and the H1 steel makes it impervious to rust. I wear mine in 80% humidity and 100+* temps in the summer here right under my shirt next to my skin.

All I need to do now is build a minimalist kydex sheath for it that should be a little more comfortable than the stock sheath. The stock sheath is great for pocket duty but missed a few things on the necker carry method. I'll explain that once my customs are finished.

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

7. maccarelli

maccarelli

Jul 6, 2015
    Sometimes I pocket carry a CS spike . the sheath thumbs right off. Some times a beaver tail.I like to pocket carry fixed as well..Im looking at a becker for next purchase.FWIW. yep Iwant something of a higher quality. Hello credt card.Lol

8. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Do let us know. Looks like a great knife but the stock sheath has so much material around the edges which negates the small concealable knife form factor.

9. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    The Cold Steel Pendleton Mini Hunter is a very nice small edc knife. It has a 3 inch blade but the overall length is only 6 1/4 inches. The strap part of the sheath comes off so you can neck or pocket carry it. The knife has a full tang. The steel is decent, in the 440C range, but maybe tougher.
    http://www.coldsteel.com/Product/36LPME/Pendleton_Mini_Hunter.aspx

10. TBL

TBL

Dec 26, 2013
    Another +1 for a BK11

I've had this thing for over a year now. I normally carry it scout style in a custom sheath from www.coyleoutdoors.com. It can also be carried really comfortably in a pocket.
    [​IMG]

11. ryanh121

ryanh121

Nov 3, 2009
    Not a great photo. But, a few of my smaller fixed blades. The Candiru, Izula, and a Scrapyard are missing.

[​IMG]

12. Tim20637

Tim20637

Jan 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

Esee Candiru with Dark Star sheath