Titan SurvivorCord

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Has anyone else played with the Titan SurvivorCord yet? I have been busy with a few different projects lately. With one of them I have been using the mid-tech Duke and some pretty cool para cord called Titan SurvivorCord. It is a special version of 550 cord that not only has the usual seven internal strands, but also has fishing line, waxed jute, and snare wire. Pretty cool stuff. The red and white cord is just their manufacturers identifier cord, it's just like the other normal strands just more colorful :) I am not at liberty to share any of the other pics yet, but depending on what magazines you read, you may see them later ;)

1.jpg

Photo-4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

It was really warm yesterday, so the first day of the year for the snake boots...

6.jpg

I also received a new tool from Blaine to check out, more on that later

11.jpg

I had a few visitors...

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I was apparently working in a high traffic area :)

Photo-7.jpg

Last edited:
Well...I think it's pretty cool anyway...but perhaps I'm too much of a kit nerd... :D

Looks like neat stuff, but I've never used it. I'll have to look into getting some.

I looked it up online to learn more. It is interesting stuff. Thanks for posting the cool pics!

Looks like neat stuff, but I've never used it. I'll have to look into getting some.

I hadn't used it until recently. A friend bought a couple of rolls of it and sent some to me to play with. It turned out to be great timing for one of the projects I am working on. I have only just begun to play around with it.

I looked it up online to learn more. It is interesting stuff. Thanks for posting the cool pics!

I think it's pretty cool. I did some rough calculations in my head and a 100 foot roll would net enough cordage to make 12 cane pole or bank lines, make a 20 foot gill net 3 feet deep, 20 poachers snares and 40 trail snares, thread to mend several garments, help build a shelter, and light 200 fires. In a survival situation I think you would definitely get your $24 worth :)

Cool little write ups and pics Brian. Thanks. :thumbup:

I've seen the cord a few times before but never used it. You're pics are the best I've seen of it as well. It definitely looks like something worth putting in my pack. I all ready have 100' of regular paracord in there so it's an easy swap. :D

That new striker from Blaine looks awesome. I have one of the original ones and I really like how well it works. The smaller size of that new one looks ideal.

As usual, the wildlife pics are outstanding. Two questions, how far away from the deer were you and how big were the prints in the last pic? :D

Cool little write ups and pics Brian. Thanks. :thumbup:

I've seen the cord a few times before but never used it. You're pics are the best I've seen of it as well. It definitely looks like something worth putting in my pack. I all ready have 100' of regular paracord in there so it's an easy swap. :D

That new striker from Blaine looks awesome. I have one of the original ones and I really like how well it works. The smaller size of that new one looks ideal.

As usual, the wildlife pics are outstanding. Two questions, how far away from the deer were you and how big were the prints in the last pic? :D

Thanks Jim. I recall seeing adds for it last Christmas but I was so busy I didn't pay that much attention to it. Luckily a good friend paid more attention than I did :)

The new striker is going to be fine I think. This one is one of the small ones he makes for his match safe fire kits. I asked if he could maybe make a few for me just a hair larger for my rigs and he sent this one for me to check out and decide on a size that would work well even with gloves on. Blaine's carbide strikers throw awesome sparks. I think for my purposes it will be better if it is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch longer. I work out in all sorts of weather conditions, and while I seldom have to wear gloves here where I live it does happen, and who knows where work may take me...though hopefully south next time or at least not north :D

As for the deer, they were at a good distance, maybe 90 meters or so. I wasn't being stealthy and they had heard me long before I saw them. I was lucky to get a shot of them at all in the low light of evening at that distance. That was the one good shot, the ones after were just a blur of brown and white :)

That track is over three inches long, and very large for a coyote. In the upper right of that shot you can see an older normal sized coyote track, and in between them one track of whatever it was that the larger one was stalking. The knife in these pics obviously isn't a Fiddleback, but I had left the Duke on the other side of the clearing with my pack where I had been working and shooting photos, as I was scouting for game trails for photos. When I ran across these tracks I used the knife I had on me for a size reference. It has a blade length of 4-1/2 inches.

65.jpg

The coyotes there have been dining well on the rabbits

67.jpg

But there are still lots of them out there :)

68.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That's really large for a coyote. Deep too. It's a great imprint. Must be one large coyote. Definitely looks like they eat well there. I was actually thinking wolf at first. :D There's so much leaf cover in the woods up here that I find way less tracks then I'd like. Mostly all sign. Every once in a while I'll get a picture on my field camera but they're really shy up here.

Wow! That's really large for a coyote. Deep too. It's a great imprint. Must be one large coyote. Definitely looks like they eat well there. I was actually thinking wolf at first. :D There's so much leaf cover in the woods up here that I find way less tracks then I'd like. Mostly all sign. Every once in a while I'll get a picture on my field camera but they're really shy up here.

According to what I have read over the decade I have been finding these large tracks, wolf tracks are roughly 4-1/2 inches long and coyote tracks are 2-1/2 inches long, and this looks like coyote but falls right between the two in size

When you pull out the part of the cord you want to use (like the wire), is the rest of the cord still usable?

Great stuff, Mistwalker! I think I will do some woods walking this weekend. Looked up the Titan...cool stuff:thumbup:

When you pull out the part of the cord you want to use (like the wire), is the rest of the cord still usable?

It is enhanced para-cord with the: fishing line, jute, and snare wire being additions to the normal 7 internal strands. If you pull out those three it is still standard 550 cord. I only had about 8 feet on hand to play with, so I cut it in half and was able to pull the brass wire out of the middle leaving the other strands intact. I have more of it coming, more tests will be taking place.

Great stuff, Mistwalker! I think I will do some woods walking this weekend. Looked up the Titan...cool stuff:thumbup:

Thank you! Always good to get out and away when you can. I think it's some really cool cordage. I little bit stiffer than standard 550 cord due to the wire, but still flexible and workable.

Great thread Mist. Are the pics taken in Tennessee?

Thank you, and yes in SE Tennessee.

According to what I have read over the decade I have been finding these large tracks, wolf tracks are roughly 4-1/2 inches long and coyote tracks are 2-1/2 inches long, and this looks like coyote but falls right between the two in size

Yeah. The biggest coyote track I've seen around here was approximately 2 3/4" . I've never run across a wolf track. In the books I've read there definitely is an overlap between the 2 though. In the picture they look huge. Especially with the smaller track in the upper right hand corner, and the knife in the second picture. It's so cool that they imprinted so well too. Also, the photographs are, as usual, outstanding. :thumbup:

Officially we do not have wolves in this area. Even though there was a reintroduction of them thirty years ago, the official story is the reintroduction failed. There are no details given as to how it failed.

I just got in a 100 foot roll of this stuff for a project I am working on for Recoil. It's not any stiffer than some of the regular paracord I have on hand, and the 100 roll barely weighs more that the 100 foot rolls of regular cord I have. So far I am really liking this stuff :)

These pics are the shizit. I had no idea about this chord. Neat idea. Those tracks are neat.

These pics are the shizit. I had no idea about this chord. Neat idea. Those tracks are neat.

Thanks Andy. Yeah, the cord is really cool. I will be ordering more of it soon, I like it a lot. I'll be making some bracelets and stuff out of it for gifts. I have been following some very large coyote tracks out there for years, much larger than normal coyote but smaller than a wolf.

Back