1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Titanium san mai ring dao

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Mecha, Feb 21, 2021 at 5:22 PM.

1. Mecha

Mecha Titanium Bladesmith Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Hello sword people! Got the latest one ready to show!

It's a large two-handed ring dao, with a titanium hilt and a blade made of forge-welded titanium alloy san mai. I'm very pleased with the dynamic balance of this sword. It floats to exactly where you need it, when you need it there.

More pics and info in the post in my subforum, here:

https://bladeforums.com/threads/forged-titanium-san-mai-ring-dao.1777064/#post-20353868

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VIDEO!

Thanks for looking! :)

FOG2, BitingSarcasm, Danke42 and 7 others like this.
  2. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Awesome !

Mecha likes this.
  3. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Excellent, congrats! I like the "hamon line" you get with your san mai, and as always, your musical selection.

Mecha likes this.
  4. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    I still don't understand how titanium can give desirable results when it comes to swordsmithing.

Mecha likes this.
  5. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Most titanium alloys inherently have great attributes for a sword, the problem was figuring out how to retain those attributes while getting it "hard" enough to hold a good and sharp, durable edge. I put that word in quotes because it isn't really hardness, so much as the edge having the quality of not giving way to the medium being cut.

6. Mecha

Dec 27, 2013
    Thanks guys! :D

LEGION 12 likes this.