Photos Titanium Tuesday

5iyIuEi.jpg

Have you used it a lot? I'm looking to replace my full time carpentry utility knife. Do you think it will hold up?
Wish I could say. Took a few months to finally get it but in the meantime before it arrived I hurt myself at work and was on light duty and now disability so I haven't been able to use it to my usual full requirements yet. It does seem pretty solid though. Full titanium construction with steel fasteners. Locks up alright and nothing cheap feeling about it. A little bit of play in the blade holder but nothing that should affect performance in this type of knife. Seems like it would be pretty tough to make the lock fail.

Wish I could say. Took a few months to finally get it but in the meantime before it arrived I hurt myself at work and was on light duty and now disability so I haven't been able to use it to my usual full requirements yet. It does seem pretty solid though. Full titanium construction with steel fasteners. Locks up alright and nothing cheap feeling about it. A little bit of play in the blade holder but nothing that should affect performance in this type of knife. Seems like it would be pretty tough to make the lock fail.
I just ordered one, a flipper version with all ti everything. I'll keep track of how it holds up.

I just ordered one, a flipper version with all ti everything. I'll keep track of how it holds up.
It's a pretty simple design and I don't really see anything on it that could fail. And if for some reason it does they have a lifetime warranty. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to have been needlessly "updated" with instead of the teeth that hold the blade being milled in, it is on a small panel that screws into the side and it no longer functions as a set screw. The blade is still changed just like in the demonstration videos though. The reason for this decision really has me scratching my head.

tDHPiLc.jpg

ihmZHNR.jpg

It's a pretty simple design and I don't really see anything on it that could fail. And if for some reason it does they have a lifetime warranty. The only thing I don't like is that it seems to have been needlessly "updated" with instead of the teeth that hold the blade being milled in, it is on a small panel that screws into the side and it no longer functions as a set screw. The blade is still changed just like in the demonstration videos though. The reason for this decision really has me scratching my head.

tDHPiLc.jpg

ihmZHNR.jpg
That isn't an issue for me as long as it does the job. Do you keep they key and lanyard with it or leave em separate. Maybe I'll start a thread on its performance.

That isn't an issue for me as long as it does the job. Do you keep they key and lanyard with it or leave em separate. Maybe I'll start a thread on its performance.
I actually bought a nickel plated Wiha key and I want to get the stainless hardware kit for the knife if they ever get it back in stock. The lanyard loop thing is less than ideal to me so I'd like to get a tiny titanium carabiner SE also makes called the HookUp Mini and use that to hold the key in the knife instead.

I actually bought a nickel plated Wiha key and I want to get the stainless hardware kit for the knife if they ever get it back in stock. The lanyard loop thing is less than ideal to me so I'd like to get a tiny titanium carabiner SE also makes called the HookUp Mini and use that to hold the key in the knife instead.
Let me know when you get that beaner set up. If it works well I'd love to try it out.

Let me know when you get that beaner set up. If it works well I'd love to try it out.
Will do. I'd like to order it when I buy the hardware so I don't have to pay for shipping and I inquired about when that would be back in stock. Haven't seen it in stock all year so we'll see what they say.

Back