To Cold Steel Mod in this forum

Oh c'mon. Are you really insinuating that? It's Sal. Period. If you have spent any time over the years on Spyderco forums you would know beyond a doubt.
We were making a joke as to changing our display name to Lynn Thompson, in the sense of having the same connection to the fans that Sal does, not stating that it isn't him. Lynn doesn't have enough time in the day to be on BF but surely commends Sal for being able to.

THIS! Huge mistake and big time bad form. Sal is like family!

CS takes a lot of sht, but you guys have nothing to prove and are an icon in the industry with plenty to offer. Customers shouldn't be
forced to pick a side. If I did It is, was, and always will be spyderco. ;)
Keep it up and the Cold Steel Moderator, whomever it is, will fade back into the shadows! Is that what you want?

I consider myself a Spyderco fanatic as well, but recently purchased my first CS the other day.
I can't lie I didn't understand Lynn what's so ever when I first saw vids of him throwing spikes and cutting bamboo with Katanas etc.
But I never gave the guy a fair chance.

After a certain knife company made a certain political statement about guns. I actually started to listen more to what Lynn was saying. In fact I even started to watch his self defence workout vids. And I realised that Lynn is just an awesome down to earth guy with a bigger then life personality who happens to love action and adventure.

Just wanted to say thanks.

I'm kind of on the Cold Steel train right now. I used to poo poo CS as the epitome of tacticool and never really looked at them as a viable option for a quality blade (I know right?).

I got on the AD wagon, got both the 10 and 15, couldn't be happier with both, just great knives. I picked up a Golden Eye tanto when that Amazon outlet was blowing them out, dang, more surprised by a darn good knife. Decided I should get an Elite w/the drop point if I like the GE tanto so much. I had some lock stick issues w/the tanto, pulled it apart, smoothed all the contact surfaces out and took a little tension off the spring. I thought I would have to do the same w/the Elite. Not the case, it's super smooth, no stick and has less spring tension from the factory. I carried it yesterday and a couple times had to check to make sure it was still there it's so light and thin it dissapears. I'm becoming a big Triad lock fan. I wanted another so made the excuse I need a hi vis knife when gutting animals as I'm always laying it down and then struggling to find it again so just ordered an Ultimate hunter in Orange. For the $$ I'm finding CS to be a bargain for what you get and am truly impressed with the ones I've got. I have many knives that cost far more than what I'm spending on CS products but they measure up nicely even w/the best of them. You don't get all the bells and whistles just a solid, quality built knife. My only complaint is the very uneven edge grinds on most of them, so far the AD15 was the worse, one edge at like 30 deg and the other under 20, makes it a pain to even them out and then they look odd. For the $$ if doesn't bother me at all.

Last edited:
I consider myself a Spyderco fanatic as well, but recently purchased my first CS the other day.
I can't lie I didn't understand Lynn what's so ever when I first saw vids of him throwing spikes and cutting bamboo with Katanas etc.
But I never gave the guy a fair chance.

After a certain knife company made a certain political statement about guns. I actually started to listen more to what Lynn was saying. In fact I even started to watch his self defence workout vids. And I realised that Lynn is just an awesome down to earth guy with a bigger then life personality who happens to love action and adventure.

Just wanted to say thanks.
Thanks a ton, I will let him know!

I'm kind of on the Cold Steel train right now. I used to poo poo CS as the epitome of tacticool and never really looked at them as a viable option for a quality blade (I know right?).

I got on the AD wagon, got both the 10 and 15, couldn't be happier with either, just great knives. I picked up a Golden Eye tanto when that Amazon outlet was blowing them out, dang, more surprised by a darn good knife. Decided I should get an Elite w/the drop point if I like the GE tanto so much. I had some lock stick issues w/the tanto, pulled it apart, smoothed all the contact surfaces out and took a little tension off the spring. I though I would have to do the same w/the Elite. Not the case, it's super smooth, no stick and has less spring tension from the factory. I carried it yesterday and a couple times had to check to make sure it was still there it's so light and thin it dissapears. I'm becoming a big Triad lock fan. I wanted another so made the excuse I need a hi vis knife when gutting animals as I'm always laying it down and then struggling to find it again so just ordered an Ultimate hunter in Orange. For the $$ I'm finding CS to be a bargain for what you get and am truly impressed with the ones I've got. I have many knives that cost far more than what I'm spending on CS products but they measure up nicely even w/the best of them. You don't get all the bells and whistles just a solid, quality built knife. My only complaint is the very uneven edge grinds on most of them, so far the AD15 was the worse, one edge at like 30 deg and the other under 20, makes it a pain to even then out.
That means a a lot, thanks so much man. Sorry to hear about the bad grind, we occasionally run into those issues. You're welcome to send it in for inspection and if it's outside of our tolerance we can go from there!

Cold Steel Knives Cold Steel Knives i wonder what happened to the mod on this forums? I hope you stopped engaging because of the COVID lockdown and not because of the constructive criticisms recently?
Looks like your instagram page is still very active, so i hope you didn’t give up on this forums again(like you did for a few years) after coming back for a few months.

Anyway, not sure i care at this point, given that our feedback here over the last few years never seems to get anywhere.

Cold Steel Knives Cold Steel Knives i wonder what happened to the mod on this forums? I hope you stopped engaging because of the COVID lockdown and not because of the constructive criticisms recently?
Looks like your instagram page is still very active, so i hope you didn’t give up on this forums again(like you did for a few years) after coming back for a few months.

Anyway, not sure i care at this point, given that our feedback here over the last few years never seems to get anywhere.
Still here and kicking! We're very busy! Today is the last day of our fiscal year so naturally we're closing things out, we've been working hard 6am-5pm every day of the week since the middle of March, shipping out the past two months worth of product to your favorite dealers, and then put on our giant summer sale that's going on now which has resulted in huge sales volume that didn't help with the shipping situation, also working on getting things restocked - kitting products (i.e assembling them, packaging, etc), also doing an annual physical inventory this week and next week where we close down and count/record/update every product in the showroom and warehouse which takes about eight days to complete, we're also catching up on repairs/sharpening and are currently 8 weeks behind. I also just finished building our brand new website that will go live this afternoon, that project started in April and was finished this morning which took quite a bit of my time away from you all. We've also been working really hard on 2021 products so that they'll be ready by the beginning of the new year. We're BUSY BUSY, and I apologize for not being as active in here. I hope you all are doing well!

Still here and kicking! We're very busy! Today is the last day of our fiscal year so naturally we're closing things out, we've been working hard 6am-5pm every day of the week since the middle of March, shipping out the past two months worth of product to your favorite dealers, and then put on our giant summer sale that's going on now which has resulted in huge sales volume that didn't help with the shipping situation, also working on getting things restocked - kitting products (i.e assembling them, packaging, etc), also doing an annual physical inventory this week and next week where we close down and count/record/update every product in the showroom and warehouse which takes about eight days to complete, we're also catching up on repairs/sharpening and are currently 8 weeks behind. I also just finished building our brand new website that will go live this afternoon, that project started in April and was finished this morning which took quite a bit of my time away from you all. We've also been working really hard on 2021 products so that they'll be ready by the beginning of the new year. We're BUSY BUSY, and I apologize for not being as active in here. I hope you all are doing well!
Hope the team’s doing well despite the pandemic. Every CS product I purchased so far has performed superbly. Thanks for the update and God bless.

Looking forward to future products. *cuts Manila rope*

Glad you guys are doing well. It was a bit worrying since they last time i saw your message was before the lockdown. Glad the business is doing very good. Excited to see how the new website look. Have a happy 4th and hope you guys got some rest!

Back