To my friends

Friends,

I am posting this thread here because this is where I made most of my contact with forumites. The past year has been a tumultuous one in my life and for Hatin TEC Knives. In the summer, I moved from my residence of 6 years to another location about 45 miles away. This required the complete dismantling of my shop, a shop that I had spent years creating. It was at my new residence, a small airport, that I was able to pursue my life-long dream of flying. In August, I bought an airplane, a 1946 Taylorcraft BC12D, and haven’t stopped flying yet!! In September, I also switched jobs, moving from a small Village Police Agency of 5 to a much larger Sheriff’s Department. Since that move, I have been working the midnight – 8 shift, which leaves little time for anything that work and sleep!! Unfortunately, my desire to make knives has suffered. I have always said that if making knives becomes a chore, I would stop doing them, knowing that the quality would suffer. At some point I will be building my own home, and plans for a large shop are included! When this happens, I will be up and running again, and I hope that the same gracious forumites will be here to share my wares with that have been here in the past. I will still be around and check my emails often, and my website will remain open. Thanks for all your support!!!

I wish you the best of luck. I also grieve for the loss to the knife community. I keep meaning to send my Hatin TEC neck knife in for a refurbish, but cant bring myself to be without it for long. It has kept me company on many a night on patrol.

I hope you are up and running again soon.

And congrats on the new appointment..............wolf

Best of luck, Chris. Let me know when you're in the neighborhood again.

Good luck, Chris. I wish you well, and look forward to welcoming you back when that day arrives.

Here's wishing you all the best in your future undertakings, Chris.

And a Happy New Year too.
:)

Hello, Chris

My best wishes for you and I hope you will be back at knifemaking soon, as it will be a waste of talent if you don't.

Thanks everyone. I hope that I am able to be back soon, as this reminds me how the knife community is made up of a lot of big hearted people, and how much I miss being around them!!

Back