TO: Smart Fish

PETA has pronounced that fish are intelligent creatures as smart as a cat or dog.

After 60 years of fishing I knew that fish were smarter than me, but now I find out that they are as smart as my cat. No wonder I never catch any.

I await the announcement that Peta members are smart as fishes.

munk

I await the message from the dolphins, saying,
'Bye-Bye, & thanks for all the fish'

~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<>call me
'Dean' :)-FYI-FWIW-IIRC-JMO-M2C-YMMV-TIA-YW-GL-HH-HBD-IBSCUTWS-TWotBGUaDUaDUaD
<> Tips <> Baha'i Prayers Links --A--T--H--D

I didn't think that was possible. I mean if you follow the evolutionary brain model thingie (think highschool biology text book), fish have a primative brain. Basically no real frontal part for reasoning or "thinking" unlike higher mammals..or so i thought.
But, then again, maybe that's why i never catch anything. The fish are always too busy scratching up Aquaman's couch or crappin' on his brand new throw rug:D Maybe i should stop using worms and switch to a catnip laced toy mouse.

Jake

Just because fish are smarter than PETA members doesn't mean they are intelligent. bacteria are smarter than PETA, and have more true feelings.

kronckew said:
Just because fish are smarter than PETA members doesn't mean they are intelligent.

The fish or the PETA members???

I support PETA...People Eating Thinking Animals...

I had dog stew once. Of course, they didn't tell us until after we had left the site of the feast. Tasted good at the time but left me feeling "funny" when I found out it was Fido Stew. :(

Thomas Linton said:
I had dog stew once. Of course, they didn't tell us until after we had left the site of the feast. Tasted good at the time but left me feeling "funny" when I found out it was Fido Stew. :(
Tom it's supposed too be good luck if you get the head when eating puppy stew.;)

Good, now maybe they'll finally legalize fishing with grenades and dynamite so the poor things don't have to suffer so much.

Nasty said:
The fish or the PETA members???

I support PETA...People Eating Thinking Animals...
whichever tickles your fancy & results in the most amusement.

i personally think the fish are more intelligent myself, the PETA members have abandoned their ability to reason & hence their intelligence. fish also have common sense and avoid eating anything nasty, like PETAists, or is it PETArds
(as in hoisted on your own)

The fish who aren't able to work or pay taxes are to be eaten. :rolleyes:

How come no one is telling the grizzlys to become vegetarian?

No discussion of PETA is complete without:
bigpot6.jpg

Y'know.. fishin makes me mad. Not fishing itself.. just the environment and legislation stuff..

I love to fish, but all the waterways are so polluted now, that it's hard to find clean water to fish in. Much different than when I, or I am sure any of us, were when we were kids.

The other small issue I have is that they don't allow NDN traps. That's the best darn way to catch dinner.. but it's not legally allowed in GA.

Other than that, I'm getting used to Red Lobster and my new favorite, Joe's Crab Shack. :D

I remember way back, one of my NDN medicine teachers had me go down into a stream, and I was trolling the up under the edge of the water trying to catch trout with my hands, and flip them up on the shore. These were gonna be dinner.

I was almost knee deep in cold creek water when about a 3' water snake cruised up by me and then cut across in front of me, and went into the bank about 1' were I had my hands. :eek:

I slowly stalked out of the water, and went to let him know, a little nervous I was. He got mad at me, and had me show him exactly were the spot was that the snake went in- then he got into the water and stuck his arm in all the way to the shoulder fishing around and said, "There ain't no snake in there" go get us some dinner... :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Those were some tasty trout that night... I tried to switch to squirrel and venison for a while after that..

As a typesetter, I once made a guy a bumper sticker that said:

"Animals are to be Harvested, Eaten and Worn"

He put it on his truck...

AA

Yvsa said:
Tom it's supposed too be good luck if you get the head when eating puppy stew.;)

Thank you for sharing. :rolleyes:

kronckew said:

I pays to increase your word-power:

Petard: A cone-shaped device filled with explosives to breach walls and gates. The ancestor of the "shaped charge" projectile.

Back