• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

To the Unknown Judge

Wanted to let you know that the book arrived in today's mail. Have only read part of the first chapter, but it is obvious this is one fascinating, useful book.

Even more wanted to say thank you for somehow/some reason choosing me to get it. Kodiac PA and lifter4him of course deserve thanks also for offering the book, and for nominating me. And, for sure, Knife World for ultimately donating the book is to be thanked and recognized.

I'm humbled to be so fortunate, both for my selection, and for feeling I've found a "place" where I am welcome, and not some nut case because I like knives so much. Joining the forum has been the best thing that has come into my life in years. If feels awfully good to be here.

So, guess I really want to say thanks to everybody who makes up this wonderful, sometimes wacky, place, where people can share so much.

(Woops, get confused between user names, e-mail names. Sorry Greg.
redface.gif
)

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

[This message has been edited by Bugs3x (edited 03-29-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bugs3x:

So, guess I really want to say thanks to everybody who makes up this wonderful, sometimes wacky, place, where people can share so much.
</font>

Well, I know you're not talking about me, but what book are you talking about?

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

You are welcome.

------------------
Brian
The first knife was probably used to cut stuff.

You are quite welcome, Dave! I hope you enjoy your book.

Greg

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

Buck Collectors Club-Lifetime Member
JKM-Chai
KnifeKnutt@aol.com

PhilL -- maybe in my excitement didn't make it clear enough. As you may recall, Kodiak PA got a duplicate book when he ordered from Knife World -- a tome on Military Knives. At first he, then Knife World -- offered the knife in a sort of contest, but one which one could not enter oneself, but could only nominate others. Lifter4him was kind enough to nominate me, the unknown judge picked me -- why I'll never know, really -- and I was again trying to say thanks publicly. And, my feelings about the forums are what they are. Willy nilly, you have contributed to me. So, thank you too!

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Now see Phil, how learning how to read would've come in handy??? Huked on fonics werked fer me
biggrin.gif

Dave, don't thank me, Greg deserves it all. He's about the most giving, generous person you could meet short of the fat guy in the red suit.
Enjoy the book!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifter4Him@aol.com:
Now see Phil, how learning how to read would've come in handy??? Huked on fonics werked fer me
biggrin.gif

Greg's about the most giving, generous person you could meet short of the fat guy in the red suit.
Enjoy the book!!
</font>

Youk know, Greg does live awfully close to the Arctic Circle...

PhilL -- Yup/ Meant to type all 10K+ usernames, but have carpal tunnel, and an inflamed elbow. So had to make do with the generic "you" but I truly did mean you, you alone, specifically, specially, YOU! too/also. S'funny, but right after deciding I couldn't type all 10K names, my CTS became yet another figment of my imagination. Funny how that works.

Bugs the name, hypochondria my game. (Well, sometimes mixed with a lot of confusion. Now which is the elbow and the other hole?)

------------------
Asi es la vida

Bugs

Back