1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

To Use or Not to Use, That is the Question? GEC Natural Stag

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Wheeler80, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Wheeler80

Wheeler80 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I said I didn't have any stag knives but I forgot about this one. Found it while going thru my knife/gadget drawer. I think it'll go out to my stand with me in the morning.

[​IMG]

2. mostho

mostho

Mar 5, 2007
    Use it! So in this way your knife will carry an history not only beautiful handles and you also you will beautify with a nice patina.

3. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    You bought it to use, so use it. :)

If it were mine though, that would go in the safe with all of the other Great Eastern knives.

:thumbup:

4. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Have the exact same knife, put her to use. This one is by far the prettiest stockman I own but sees steady rotation with the others

[​IMG]

5. coniferwoodsman

coniferwoodsman

Feb 24, 2010
    By all means use it- Stag just gets better with the caress of a caring hand.

Peace

6. MercyfulfateXX

MercyfulfateXX

Mar 2, 2014
    I have Knives I use and Knives I just buy to admire and collect. Most of my Stag Knives (and some of my Bone/Wood) I don't use and just admire,my prerogative of course. So I guess its up to the op if he wants to use it or not. if its a big concern buy two of the same. I have done that several times. one to use and develop history and Patina and one to showcase.

7. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    Use the heck out of it! But if a knife in pristine condition is important to you, then buy a second one to be your safe-queen (that's what I do!)... that way you have the best of both worlds!!

8. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Honestly, I feel the same way. I almost don't want a "perfect" knife as I wouldn't want to use it because I would mess it up.

Good that you're using it Bill and good that you've got pics of it new. After a couple weeks/months of carry, take it out and compare it to your pics. See how that stag looks now :)

9. slide13

slide13

Apr 12, 2001
    wow...didn't really realize how large a knife this pattern was until seeing your picture of it next to the Pioneer. Thanks for that!

10. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Ix-Nay on the odern-may ife-knay.

We do not post pics of modern knives in this forum.

I have moved the post in question off line.

We also do not use derogatory names for folks who do not share our love of cutlery.

11. Casares

Casares

Dec 6, 2005
    I use all of these...including the top one...the oldest. Love holding stag. very nice feel in the palm of the hand.

[​IMG]

12. Casares

Casares

Dec 6, 2005
    I also use the top one here...very nice size.

[​IMG]

13. Wheeler80

Wheeler80 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013

Sorry, it won't happen again