Today's deliveries, W/bad news

Well, here are the pics of what showed up in the mail today. All from different places. An SG2 Blur, a G10 Starky Ridge, and a black Boa. All of them awesome knives to be sure.:thumbup:

The problem is.......The Boa, from a famous auction site, was billed plain as day as one with S60V steel, something I've been looking for. BUT.....the knife they sent me was S30V!!!!:grumpy: If anybody finds a "S60V" Boa from EFG Firearms and Tactical Supply, watch out!!

Sure I'll keep the boa, but for around $95 dollars, I thought I was getting a good deal. Turns out it was just another run of the mill purchase.

Oh well, we all know the risks.

Here is a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=230214634687

Jon
DSC01338.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

that sucks JM! at least they sent you an actual boa rather than some stupid knock-off they made in their basement like some of them do.

I was doing more browsing on the auction site tonight, and I found an SG2 Blur that I was just about to bid on because it had free shipping until I noticed the picture that had the "XXXX" on the blade. Now I know as well as well as any of us that Kershaw seconds are damn near perfect, but not everybody does, and not every buyer would even know what those X's mean. I think it's pretty low of this seller to not mention anything about the marks on the blade.

Heck, to a novice collector, those X's could even be perceived as part of the normal blade markings.

I'm finding problems all over the bay lately!!!:D

BTW, I found another seller who had Boas that he listed as having S60V/440A blade steel. I sent him an email asking if he could double check them because if they really were, I'd be interested. He emailed me back very promptly and said his were actually S30V and thanked me for pointing out his mistake. Maybe he's one of the good guys......;)

jm, I'd email the guy and see if he won't come off the price some. His ad clearly states S60V. Give him a chance to make it right. If he doesn't, take the next logical step.

Yo did get some great stuff, tho! :thumbup:

I saw the XXXX Blur, too. But still, at around $ 60 or so, it would make a great user!

jm, I'd email the guy and see if he won't come off the price some. His ad clearly states S60V. Give him a chance to make it right. If he doesn't, take the next logical step.

Yo did get some great stuff, tho! :thumbup:

I saw the XXXX Blur, too. But still, at around $ 60 or so, it would make a great user!

Hey DV,
I did email him and asked if he actually had one in S60V that he'll swap out for it. Waiting for a response, and won't leave him feedback one way or the other until I hear what he has to say. I think my email to him was pretty cordial, yet to the point.

"Dear www-efgfirearms-com,

Hi,
I just received my order from you, which was for a Kershaw 1580 Boa in S60V blade steel. Unfortunately, that's not the knife that I received. You sent me a Boa, model 1580 with S30V blade steel. I already have that knife, and have been looking for the version with the S60V steel, which is also known as 440V. The S60V steel is from the first run of the knife and is a tad more exotic and harder to come by, which is the whole reason why I made my purchase from you. Do you have any Boas with the S60V steel that you can sell me in place of the knife I received? I don't mean to accuse you of any wrongdoing, but your ebay listing clearly advertised the knife as having S60V steel, and many avid collectors pay close attention to these details. Please let me know if we can fix this.

Thanks for your time,
Jon McCargar"

BTW, I just realized my thread title has the "recommendation" prefix attached to it.:eek: Oops, that wasn't on purpose. I had already begun the process of getting to the bottom of it:D

BTW #2, the XXXX SG2 Blur is up to $75.50 with 6 minutes to go;)

Last edited:
No offense JM, but isnt S60V also know as 440V not 440A? big difference there for sure.

I hope he comes off the price some or has a S60V available...I picked up a S60V about 6 months ago for $ 85, IIRC.

The XXXX Blur is tempting, but since the guy didn't bother to disclose it's a factory second, I really don't want to do business with him. He's pushing the Retail Price and Brand New. Not a bad price tho for a user.

No offense JM, but isnt S60V also know as 440V not 440A? big difference there for sure.

:eek:Yes OL, you are right, and I do know that, but I've been posting and emailing and typing and reading so many different steel numbers tonight, I think they are getting a bit jumbled in my noggin'!! I also had that quote from the second ebay seller in my mind since I'd just emailed him, and it probably stuck in my head. Eastern Tools on ebay has several Boas listed as S60V/440A. He's the one I gave a heads up to and admitted he was mistaken.

Thanks for catchin' that:thumbup:

Back