Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika - Kevin, thanks for sharing those interesting pile pics with us... and for the glimpse into an organizational method you use as an active collector. BTW cool ring knife I'll be looking forward to seeing more of it.

I'd like to take part but I'm still waiting for a new camera to arrive...:rolleyes:

This will have to do...taken 4 years ago I think, but on the desk!

aqtQtGW.jpg

veitsi_poika veitsi_poika - Kevin, thanks for sharing those interesting pile pics with us... and for the glimpse into an organizational method you use as an active collector. BTW cool ring knife I'll be looking forward to seeing more of it.
The "ring" knife is one that is on the list for photos... perhaps the "SMALLS" thread will be a good home for it :):thumbsup:

Is that a 12 OT Old Timer there? Just got one in from the Exchange....
Yes it is. I just got it the other day and this is the first time I had it out to see if I really liked it or not. I hope yours is better than mine, this one has "dead blade" action. If it wasn't for the action I'd like it. I'm sure I just got a dud.

Seems OK, it's an old one from the last century, W&T good but I am surprised how small it is....;)

I'd like to take part but I'm still waiting for a new camera to arrive...:rolleyes:

This will have to do...taken 4 years ago I think, but on the desk!

aqtQtGW.jpg
Will, glad you could join us! I don't remember seeing that pic before, it certainly is a creative way of showing off that nice pile of cutlery, I like it! Hope you still have the tortoise shell when the new camera comes in, I'd love to see more of it. :thumbsup:

The "ring" knife is one that is on the list for photos... perhaps the "SMALLS" thread will be a good home for it :):thumbsup:
The Smalls thread would more than welcome your ring knife, we don't see many of them.

My morning pile while I'm preparing for work...
Those would make for a nice diversion from your preparations... with me almost anything in ebony could easily become a distraction, be careful JD. ;):)

Last edited:
Ooops, almost forgot today's contribution...
The Buck was held over for an additional stay on the Desk Pile in anticipation of the soon to come 2018 Forum knife!

Od08RBE.jpg

Tidioute Camel Bone 15, Hammer Brand Stockman, Schrade LB5, Buck 301, Case Copperhead, Tidioute Tascosa

Here's a pic of three knives that are almost always on my desk at work: a higonokami, a Frost Flying Falcon, and a Victorinox Money Clip (that I sometimes use for a tie clasp).
deskknives.3.jpg

- GT

Some nice looking piles gentlemen. 5K Qs 5K Qs , you always show something that catches my eye and makes me wonder what it is and where to get it. I had to go search for the falcon, I'm always on the lookout for more knives to carry at work :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of three knives that are almost always on my desk at work: a higonokami, a Frost Flying Falcon, and a Victorinox Money Clip (that I sometimes use for a tie clasp).
View attachment 970053
Super idea for a tie clasp GT!

- GT

Today's lineup, as I decide which to carry.
Always a pleasure Perry! Looks like a difficult choice, I'm partial to the appaloosa.

Some nice looking piles gentlemen. 5K Qs 5K Qs , you always show something that catches my eye and makes me wonder what it is and where to get it. I had to go search for the falcon, I'm always on the lookout for more knives to carry at work :thumbsup:
I think those Flying Falcon models are still being made. Seems like I've seen them in a recent catalog with religious inscriptions on the handle. Lots of folks see what I post and wonder, "What the heck is THAT??", but not too many ask your second question, John, about getting one of their own! :rolleyes::D

I just had to get one too. This thing is Way-Cool-A-Go-Go :cool:

Hootchee Mama!! That looks great! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: (I wonder if I could wear one around my scrawny bicep?? :confused::D) Definitely need to order one or more (and as long as I'm making an Amazon order, there might be a knife or two I'd like and some new straps for my CPAP mask :p).

- GT

Back