Today's Pile (groups of knives - traditional only)

All Purpose Pile

pOkhASJ.jpg

Making 19 sheaths in this batch. Here they are wet prior to being wet molded and are being edged. Rounding of the edges on a finisher is the next step and then wet molding.

kT0hUGK.jpg

The knives:

lXde90t.jpg

The bottom three 16-18 are just in for a new sheath and are not part of the 15 knives I made in this batch. 16 and 17 are not knives by me.

Dave, I really like the oak leaf pattern on the sheath bottom row center with the darker stain.
Thank you sir! I used two different leathers for this batch of sheaths. Well that isn't quite right, its the same leather just a different color. My standard leather and the one used on the majority of the sheaths in that pic is Wicket and Craig russet skirting (saddle) leather. The darker ones are the same leather but in chestnut instead of russet. The knife and its sheath:

d8FG2N0.jpg

rv6zNYQ.jpg

Last edited:
All done:

Ptn8MJC.jpg

When I move the knives and the sheaths from the shop to the house I let the temp equalize first before putting them in their sheaths. This prevents condensation on the blade or moisture collecting on the inside of the sheath. Probably over thinking it but why not?
All astounding :cool: But my favourite in the Stag bottom right grrrhhh!šŸ˜

Back