Today's Schrade eBay LOL!

Codger_64

Exactly why a U.S. eBay seller would post this Engrish description, I haven't a clue. But here it is in all it's gloree.

SCHRADE HISTORY: Schrade knives are certainly one involving America’s finest knives whose features received value through nationwide and also the globe at the same time. Founded in 1975 by Stewart Taylor, your Taylor Brand names possess created, allocated and also created high-quality knives which have slept higher than the game. Having its technologically advanced components, carbon metal knives have been the delight involving Schrade knives. Hand-crafted together with utmost detail, Schrade knives have created a name that is certainly regarded all over the world.

Having a number of models to be able to appeal to diverse discerning style, the particular SCHRADE KNIVES customized knives in order to meet the requirements of the buyers who will be either enthusiastic cutlery collectors as well as first-time people that are impressed using its overall performance. Deals with tend to be involving stag, metal, acicular bone, mommy of gem, buffalo grass horn, black and other durable resources that will tolerate fantastic force without suffering appearance. Getting one of these is sure to keep the collection a single chef’s knife seeking much better. Schrade has been supplying knives for civilians and troops likewise going back hundred years ago. However, these people never have usually tried it under the parent firm they are now under. That they used to be an independent company and have already been doing this beyond Ellenville, New York since the year 1904. With regards to three decades previously, they joined up with Jones and Wesson within the father organization Taylor Makes, in the Appalachian mountains of Kingsport, Tennessee. Because his or her brand modified does not always mean Schrade knives have grown to be any a smaller amount capable of ending up being named among the best knives on the market. They have interpreted their unyielding good quality to the modern day manufacturing techniques, bringing about more offered, exceptional knives that any of our fantastic grandparents will be proud to obtain. Unfortunately, it wasn’t constantly an even path with regard to Schrade. Several blade hobbyists scrambled to acquire a common cutlery while that for series. Tiny do they already know Taylor Brands would likely rapidly choose the model upward off the floor, pull out their own graphic, and initiate manufacturing knives below their own industry name once more.

That old Schrade knives, LIKE THIS ONE, tend to be well-known knives using this brand name. It’s been useful for the particular military as well as legislations enforcements due to the sturdiness as well as reliability. It has saw-cut addresses along with dime increases. Additionally, it has an inlay safeguard where the old timers press has become engraved. Considering that the manufacturing involving Schrade knives was halted. There are only a few of those that you can seldom uncover and you’ll need to look up well on the internet and using specialized retailers to get a single Schrade knife.

It would possibly seem that it could be a Chinese individual selling within the US. I cannot think how this could be so messed up any other way! Looks like it is straight out of a poor Chinese to English translation engine.

I like the Jones and Wesson part, aye, aye, aye!

Russell

That is so fabulously funny that it is now enshrined in a Word .doc in glorious 18 point arial, on my desktop, for "that any of our fantastic grandparents will be proud to obtain." Aye, eye indeed!

...and also created high-quality knives which have slept higher than the game.
Maybe I need to translate this part back to Mandrian to see what they mean exactly.

Maybe I need to translate this part back to Mandrian to see what they mean exactly.

I was trying to crack that one too! Japanese anime and Chinese kung-fu movies have provided me with lots of funny literal translations over the years but this one is new to me lol

i especially like the part where Shrade was "Founded in 1975 by Stewart Taylor". hmmm history rewritten?

Yeah, likely a copy/paste of a Chinese/Engrish translation of something written to sell Taylor Brand knives. This particular ad was for a U.S. Schrade 171UH though.

All you job belong us now but you buy you like us. Buffalo grass horn and Mommy of Gem are special your grandparents proud obtain.

I only hope if I ever learn Chinese it won't suck as bad as that.
This person has obviously moved over from the Balinese ripoff dvd translation academy.

English speakers can be just as bad. I laughed at the Shrade Snapfinger too.

That's terrible! :eek: Whoever it is obviously doesn't know BEANS about Schrade USA. :jerkit:
OTOH, My money says it's a scammer out fishing. :mad:
-Bruce

"Tiny do they already know..." = Little do they know...

"...higher than the game." = Higher than the competition.

"legislations enforcements" = law enforcement

I can't figure out the "slept" part.

These were brought to my attention by another member and we had a good laugh. So what do you think? Are they genuine Imperial Schrade pre-closing items? Are they valuable?

es3hoh.jpg

Up for auction are 3 original Schrade Factory Final Production Run Certificate of Authenticity. Perfect condition and not copies... no wrinkles, folds, creases, torn, etc... lays totally flat. These are from the Schrade USA Factory before closing their door in July 30, 2004. Interesting info and original.

If no one here knows, I'll ask over in Levine's forum. ;)

It could well be something out of the blue. Ridge, that is. But the seller is in the state of sunny beaches. He pulled the auction early. Fess up. Who pounced on these?

Regarding the E-bay ad, anyone who knows anything at all about the founding of Schrade knows full well that Liz Taylor's fourteenth husband (Stewart) indeed was the pioneering founder of the Schrade Knife Company of Roanoke Virginia. A noted Blacksmith and Farrier to the Stars (back in 1952) Stewart met Liz on location of the filming of the movie classic "Black Velvet", and, utilizing funds loaned to him by his betrothed (which Liz was quoted as saying she earned from a prior film classic entitled "...Me Love You Long Time...!" ( filmed on location in the Llano Estacado region of Northern New Guinea) Stewart and Elizabeth spent their entire honeymoon heating and melting down old discarded Whiskey barrel staves, and pounded their recycled steel into the first Schrade knife ever made (known as the Schrade-Walden Model, which the happy couple named in joint honor of two former film industry Key Grips, who, trusting mightily in Stewart's visionary plans for recycling, quit the film industry to help Liz and Stewart with the marketing and distribution division of Schrade, Inc. of Roanoke Virginia. But tragedy was to befall the happy couple, for Liz fell deeply in love with her co-star (Richard Burton) while filming "Cleopatra" on location in Helena Montana in 2004.

Liz filed for divorce from Stewart Taylor in 1998, married her co-star (husband number 15) but kept her the name "Taylor" as a tribute to her fond memories of the days she spent working in the cutlery manufacturing industry. In fact, she kept her hand in for several years up to her death, making custom "Taylor" knives for her Housekeeping staff and close friends. These were later to be known as "Taylor Maid" knives.

Devastated, Stewart Taylor, unable to even set foot within the factory he and his beloved Elizabeth had built over the years, simply gave full ownership of the firm to his marketing and distribution managers (Mr. Schrade, and Mr. Walden) and returned to shoeing horses. However, due to years of wear and tear on his sciatic nerve, he could only shoe miniature horses, and thus had to concentrate on the circus horse shoeing market. In a tragic shoeing accident, Mr. Taylor was kicked in the ankle by a miniature circus horse, and had to discontinue his shoeing career. No longer able to keep up with the big boys, Mr. Taylor took to the streets in 2002, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Mssrs. Schrade and Walden, to this day, continue to produce some of the finest crafted knives in the world, and the two old gentlemen can be seen pounding away (still using Liz and Stewart's old anvils and hammers) at the Schrade Walden Knife factory (located at 3941 Thirlane Road N.W., Roanoke Virginia, 24019-3018).

Back