Toge Kiridashi!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Sold! Thanks guys!

I call this model the Toge. In Japanese, Toge means thorn. (That's what it reminded me of when grinding it.) I designed this blade to be an EDC or small defensive blade. If you have never tried a kiridashi, you are missing out on one of the most useful knife designs around.

The blade is made from 3/16" 1095 steel; a great all around choice that is easy to resharpen. I performed all heat treat and tempering operations using a digitally controlled heat treat oven. The blade is tempered to 60 HRC for excellent edge holding characteristics.

This particular knife features a fine satin finish that is both attractive and practical.

The handle is exceptionally comfortable in either standard or reverse grip, edge in or out. The wrap is nylon and is impregnated with epoxy to prevent unraveling or moisture retention. The under wrap is a choice piece of blood red sting ray skin. I made the handle slightly longer than usual, so that it might be used as an impact tool.

The knife is ground with a chisel hollow grind for a right hand user. I have also ground a swedge along the spine that greatly aids penetration. The tip will penetrate at the slightest touch. (If you look carefully at the photos, you can see where I accidentally stabbed the tip into my rifle case!) The knife is extremely sharp; excellent edge geometry and a great cutter!

- 1095 Steel
- 60 HRC
- 3/16" Stock
- Hollow Chisel Grind (Right Hand)
- Fine Satin Finish
- Dramatic Swedge Along Spine For Increased Penetration
- Phenomenally Sharp
- 7" OAL, Cutting edge of about 2.25"
- Kydex sheath (Includes neck lanyard.)

$145

This price includes shipping (with insurance and tracking number) and all fees.

PayPal or money order preferred.

PayPal Address:

lmjmitchell@gmail.com

**Please be sure to include the “L” at the beginning of my email address when using PayPal. Two customers recently omitted the “L”, and the funds were accidentally sent to someone else. The money was immediately refunded, but it created a bit of confusion.**

Thanks for looking! :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Last edited:
Back