Tokyo Blade Show

Here's my 600th post for a pic of my table at "Tokyo Blade Show" on 7,8 Apr. organized by Mr.Kuzan Oda, a famous custom knife maker, and now a certified katana-smith after five years of apprentice/student under Mr.Yoshindo Yoshihara.

03.jpg

No khukuri topic? See the top right of the pic, there's a show-offing HI 20" AK!

And here's me, in distorted time-space.
tyo01.jpg

Somehow the photographer thought my face should be under a mask.

------------------
Otokohadaremo yumenofunanori.
Shonennohinoakogare shinutokimade wasurezunidaiterumonodayo.

[This message has been edited by WrongFriend (edited 04-21-2001).]

WOW!! Until this time the only butterfly knives I'd seen were cheap POS or what I though were overpriced and unattractive. Those are gorgeous! As it's you posting them I won't need to ask of the quality. The big one on the left, is that a Bowie blade on that? That's great
smile.gif
Thanks for posting those pics!

Uncle, those img files were linked to far and narrow band server. Now they are liked to better server, I hope you enjoy the pix.

Mccld778, average cost of a balisong is around 5 to 10 bucks! They were bought just where they were made, barrio(village) balisong in Philippine. Nobody can say they are overpriced even if they were POS....

Honestly, they look better than they work.
If they look good (I'm sure they do), it's due to my pal who did his best on the pix.

Here's another enjoyable pic of my pal, with a KNIFE.
Matsumoto4080039.jpg

------------------

[This message has been edited by WrongFriend (edited 04-21-2001).]

:
Satoshi san even if the balsongs are POS they look really nice on here.
smile.gif

Can and do you flip and twirl
them?
I have one fairly decent balisong, but I haven't played with it enough to be any good.
That's why I prefer fixed blades, when you pull it out of its sheath it's ready to go.
But I know some people who are just as fast with a balisong.
smile.gif

------------------
Yvsa-G@WebTV.net

"VEGETARIAN".............
Indin word for lousy hunter.

There are actually more than one way to flip open a Balisong (which I am told means butterfly). I got pretty good with my Pacific Cutlery until they made them illegal in California.

------------------
Watakushi Wa Shinajin Desu
DeathDancer

Movement, transcends movement, transcends thought--Zazen Mantra

Yvsa, I have balisongs and have enjoyed playing, twirling them for about fifteen years now. It's always fun! Fixed blades are easier to draw, but sometimes I have to take more care for dirty fixed blade when I sheath it than a balisong. Any sheath made of leather or Kydex, it's too much for me to overhaul it for cleaning.

DD, I was inspired by a Filipino who told me there used to be movies with tons of balisong showing up. Some actors opened two balisongs on his hands on their way of stabbing, closed them on the way back! After thousands times practice, I could manage it with right hand only. In Japan balisong or butterfly knives are still legal. As Japan follow US, it can be banned any day.

Uncle, I forgot to send some pix to you. Emails on the way.

------------------

Back