Too little too late - A Tale of The One That Got Away.

First post to the Busse forum and it's all bad!

I fell in love with the EU-17 that shanewomer had for sale in this thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324117&highlight=eu-17

The curves of the handle and lines of the blade had me in a fit. I was lusting after a knife...A KNIFE!??? I spent all last night and this morning figuring my finances and such - I'm a broke network engineering student - anyway when I checked the thread on my break at lunchtime it was sold. My heart sank. I was pissed off and upset the rest of the day. Well when I got home this evening I had received a Christmas card from my always thoughful grandfather. Inside the card was a check that would have made the difference last night of being able to have something I haven't felt such emotion over in a very, very long time.

This would have been my first Busse and I lost it. Now I can't get the damn thing out of my mind. To make matters worse my girlffriend is of the opinion that I have lost what little sanity I had left a week before exams.

help.

Hi NetShock

Welcome to the forums.
Maybe you could buy a true classic to help you get over your heart break?
Straight Handled Birds Beak Steel Heart.

E-mail me.

I just might know a guy that can help. :D

NetShock,
You MIGHT be in luck,
this is the time of year that everyone needs some cash,
so someone will probably give theirs up,
just post in the Wanted to Buy forum,
and good luck!!!

Netshock,
Welcome to the Busse Forum, I'm glad that you stopped by.

If I were you I'd keep that money handy and keep watching the for sale forums. I'm sure another EU-17 will come up in the future. Just be ready to send the email when it does because I doubt it will last long

I hope you stick around and join in our discussions as well.

:D:D

hi! how much was his forsale for? i missed it also :grumpy:

where did the original offer price go? :confused:

NetShocK said:
First post to the Busse forum and it's all bad!

I fell in love with the EU-17
This would have been my first Busse and I lost it. Now I can't get the damn thing out of my mind.
help.
ok, i did some research, my dad was navy seal, email me!

NetShock, thanks for stoppin in.

Yes, there are those that will tempt you and fly away before you know it, but, like the Hog motto says, No Regrets!!!

Actually, it often works out that the one that got away will lead you to more than you expected.

Good luck in your search. You can post in the Want to Buy forum on the Exchange if you have no luck after contacting the people who offered in this thread.

OINK on man!!!!

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!

Come on David. You know that love makes you blind right? Haha.

NetShock,
You MIGHT be in luck,
this is the time of year that everyone needs some cash,
so someone will probably give theirs up,
just post in the Wanted to Buy forum,
and good luck!!!

Thanks for the tip - I'll post up there today.

If I were you I'd keep that money handy and keep watching the for sale forums. I'm sure another EU-17 will come up in the future. Just be ready to send the email when it does because I doubt it will last long

Yeah the problem is keeping the money handy, especially at this time of year when the theory is to spend it on others. I don't mind spending the money, but when I have a bird like the EU-17 calling my name what's a guy to do?

hi! how much was his forsale for? i missed it also
where did the original offer price go?

ok, i did some research, my dad was navy seal, email me!

His went up for $325 shipped. I don't know what it sold for, but I'm assuming it was close to that price. Email on the way shortly.

Yes, there are those that will tempt you and fly away before you know it, but, like the Hog motto says, No Regrets!!!

Actually, it often works out that the one that got away will lead you to more than you expected.

Good luck in your search. You can post in the Want to Buy forum on the Exchange if you have no luck after contacting the people who offered in this thread.

OINK on man!!!!

It was just such a burn that it really did sting for a few hours. No Regrets? Well I'll try my best to stick with that MO, but as of right now I'm still a bit chapped and need to sulk for a while longer.

Thanks again guys! I feel better knowing there are others that can relate.

I got EU-17 #12 for 325 shipped. Sorry Netshock but as soon as I saw it I sent off a PM saying I'd take it.I also got EU-17 Mag #11 from him. After EU-17 showed up I liked it so much I knew I needed a magnum. I sent him an email asking if he had one to get rid of and he did, #11.

So it was a good INFI week for me. The handels on these EUs are the best Busse handles I have ever felt

RayDog

BigAmericanMan said:
I got EU-17 #12 for 325 shipped. Sorry Netshock but as soon as I saw it I sent off a PM saying I'd take it.I also got EU-17 Mag #11 from him. After EU-17 showed up I liked it so much I knew I needed a magnum. I sent him an email asking if he had one to get rid of and he did, #11.

So it was a good INFI week for me. The handels on these EUs are the best Busse handles I have ever felt

RayDog

No problem, I'm glad someone from here got it. I have another deal lined up as we speak so hopefully I'll have it before christmas.

Welcome to the forum Netshock! As you look forward to another bleak snowy/chinooky/EU-17less day, you can console yourself with one heartwarming fact: At least you've got a smart girlfriend. :D

Fox

PS Good luck on finding a replacement!
PPS I mean a replacement EU, not a girlfriend. She's a keeper.

Back