1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tools

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by AdrianMatthews, Dec 22, 2016.

1. AdrianMatthews

AdrianMatthews

Dec 21, 2016
    So apparently I either live in a part of Kansas with no forging tools or have no clue where to get them at. Could use suggestions on where to go to find them I live in the Wichita metro area any advice would be much appreciated. I'm literally just starting out only one "kit knife" build under my belt.

2. i4Marc

i4Marc KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2011
    If nothing is available to you locally you may have to turn to the internet. You'll have to pay the shipping but you can find anything you want. Perhaps talk to some local farriers.

3. argel55

argel55

Oct 30, 2005
    Check for the Kansas Knifemakers Association. If they can't help you then check the Saltfork Craftsman Blacksmith down in Oklahoma.

4. Will52100

Will52100

Dec 4, 2001
    What kind of tools are you looking for? I started with not much more than a shop hammer from a hardware store and vise grips and a block of mild steel for an anvil. I progressed over the years and other than my anvils, I pretty much make all my own tooling, including hammers and forges. I did buy my belt grinders, but if I had to do it over again I'd probably build them now and just buy the contact wheels.