Top 3 Fiddleback Wishlist

I want the two finger karda to make a comeback -specially since it's in the "missing bunch"
Something smallish with a sheepsfoot blade
An AEBL or Nitro-V kitchen blade in a french pattern or maybe a santouku with a robust handle material since that's the knife I use the most these days.

But mostly a middle size THIN kitchen knife. Put the new Apprentice to use and let him work up some jigs or something to make it happen. Your magic is in the handle.

2018090111472426-IMG_1002-X3.jpg

We've got two of these knives in the block and they stay in the sink more than the block. Lola - aka the mother-in-law goes to them constantly as do I.

I want the two finger karda to make a comeback -specially since it's in the "missing bunch"
Something smallish with a sheepsfoot blade
An AEBL or Nitro-V kitchen blade in a french pattern or maybe a santouku with a robust handle material since that's the knife I use the most these days.

But mostly a middle size THIN kitchen knife. Put the new Apprentice to use and let him work up some jigs or something to make it happen. Your magic is in the handle.

2018090111472426-IMG_1002-X3.jpg
I know someone that wants to sell a 3-finger karda

Last edited:

Check out the 0.04" AEB Surls Moray at DLT

- 3/32” Ladyfinger (OS or NS), Osage with natural/blue, thin handles, trinity pins and high grind
- 3/32” Scorpion, OD canvas, blue or natural stripes
- 3/32” Lil Lady, Koa wood, natural liners, white or blue stripes, trinity pins

^^ 30 seconds or less.

Honorable mentions:
- 3/32” Babyboot, Koa wood, swedged
- 2 or 3 Finger Karda, DIW with blue stripes or buckeye Burl of some sort

Last edited:
1 through 3

Hiking Buddy
Ruby Burlap for the forward/bolster portion
Wenge wood for the rest of the handle
Black pins in a 4 corner pattern on the ruby burlap
Bullseye lanyard hole in black
Black liner with a blue spacer
A2 steel 3/32" thick
Scandi-grind with a spalted finish

Just waiting on a scandi jig.

Cool thread. With my “collection” at six FFs and my current low level of cashflow, I could use a more restrained and structured approach. Here are the two I’d buy in a second:

1. Hunter - Blue & Black Burlatex over thick natural liners, trinity pinout, 5/32 A2.
2. EDK - DIW over natural liners and blue pinstripe, 1/8 A2.

I’ll let you know if I end up scoring either.

1.Old School Karda - Osage over blue and natural liners, 1/8" TT, or 3/32". A2 or stainless.

2.Hiking Buddy - Bolstered Black Micarata and OD Micarta over lime and natural liners. 1/8" TT, or 3/32". A2 or stainless.

3.Bushnub - Bog Oak over black and white liners. 1/8" TT, or 3/32". A2 or stainless.

Hidden Tang knives. Andy did some a few years back and I owned one for a while. Would love to see them make a come back.

Sylverfalcen ground upper, bead blasted black canvas micarta and b&w liners.

Handyman in margarita jade

Shaman in margarita jade

Scout in G10 or some other that speaks to me.

I would have gotten about a half dozen models at vendors now but the lime liners on everything is a turnoff for me. :(

Last edited:
^Nice post @Warrior108 !

There have been many wish list posts like this one over the years. I am curious to hear if anyone had success seeing the exact knife requested get made AND you scored it through the normal Fiddleback Friday process. It would be cool to hear a success story to show that wish list threads like this are not a complete exercise in futility since Fiddleback doesn’t take specific custom orders.

Let’s see it if you got it!

Phil

I got mine back when Andy did requests :D (matching set of guardless Ladyfinger and Camp)

I had to revise mine to include a Bush Hermit Jr. since we are all here dreaming anyway.

I had to revise mine to include a Bush Hermit Jr. since we are all here dreaming anyway.
I sent Andy a text about a bush hermit jr. and a handyman blade on a rebel handle (Rebelman). Either would be a great group-buy.

revised on - 11/17/18

Was there ever a starry night Arete?

1. Arete - Starry night burlap, natural liner white pinstripe, 1/8" TT thick handle
2. Shaman - Bloodwood, commando 3/32" A2
3. Bushboot - Snakewood, natural liner white pinstripe, swedge 1/8" TT A2

Back