Top shot knife throwing episode

Did anybody catch Sunday's Top Shot on the History channel? This week's competition was tossing throwing knives while standing on increasingly narrow beams.

Any idea what the blades are? They look like a cross between CS perfect balance and pro balance throwers.

For those who are asking, the knives used in episode 8 of TOP SHOT are Jack Dagger Brand Knives, designed by Jack Dagger and Tim Jester. They're available from the guys at TwoFingerKnife.net. Ask for the TOP SHOT Bowie and tell 'em Jack sent ya'!

from jack's Facebook page

I love how pete described throwing knives, something like "It sounds and feels good when they stick, but when they dont its like TWWANNG YOU FAIL!"

I have 5 of the show knives being shipped to me. I'll post pics and reviews as soon as I can.

Hey J6S, aren't you the fellow that designed that knife?

I'm sorry but those guys sucked at throwing knives. Half the shots that made it in were complete luck (I'm looking at you cowboy hat guy, with your last-minute-nearly-fallen-in-the-water shot)

But jack dagger seems to be getting a lot of work. Dude's good. and now I'm gonna see how much his knives go for!

The folks that made the knives are good folks. They have a big Damascus blank company in addition to making throwing knives.

They can make anything you want.

Jack is really a good guy. Wicked sense of humor. ANd he has some crazy skills.

It was sad, in a funny way. I thought as a group, they would be good at bio-mechanical feedback and repeatability.

Last edited:
I have 5 of the show knives being shipped to me. I'll post pics and reviews as soon as I can.

Hey J6S, aren't you the fellow that designed that knife?

Yep! I worked with Jack to com up with a design we would be proud of. I love throwing this knife! It has a great feel and weight.

Please let me know what you think when you get them.

There's a few more designs were working on and a handled version of the Top Shot Bowie.

jdhandle.jpg

-

Just got the knives and I am on the way to throw them.
Good feel in the hand. I'll know more in a bit.

A bit heavy for the Jack Dagger spin in the palm of the hand though. The tip is sharp enough to damage my tender skin. :D

Glee, several of the guys I compete in shooting with would smoke most of those competitors. There are a couple of real top shots in the group but the bigger part are not real good.

The knives are very responsive. They work well for blade or handle throwing. They leave the hand smoothly and the shape allows me to repeat my grip every time. You did a great job.

I tried 1/2 spin, full spin and two spin. No issues.
Thanks

The knives are very responsive. They work well for blade or handle throwing. They leave the hand smoothly and the shape allows me to repeat my grip every time. You did a great job.

I tried 1/2 spin, full spin and two spin. No issues.
Thanks

Thanks for the review!!

J6S
Spent a lot more time tossing these puppys. Great knife design. You can toss them any way possible and they just work.
Thanks again

I'm sorry but those guys sucked at throwing knives. Half the shots that made it in were complete luck (I'm looking at you cowboy hat guy, with your last-minute-nearly-fallen-in-the-water shot)

That's kind of typical. Most of the guys that couldn't adapt quickly to "unfamiliar" weapons (Hey, why didn't they use a Glock!?!) were eliminated early on. The really exotic ones (throwing knife, longbow, flintlock) everybody kind of sucked at. Last night's episode was pretty good though since what was left was the best, most adaptable, shooters.

Back