Tops Wolf Pup yes or no

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
From the first time I saw one I've wanted one.
I see a few on this site from time to time.
Please give me the pros and cons. I love the look but, do I really want one?:confused:

I have one, and like it, but almost never end up carrying it. Come to think of it, it will probably end up in the exchange shortly.

-- FLIX

Great little knife, I throw mine in my pocket all the time !!!
Johndean003.jpg

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
Ok, 1 glowing report, 1 lukewarm at best.
Pit, with all of your knives, what do you use the Wolf Pup for mainly.
Why above another?

Ok, 1 glowing report, 1 lukewarm at best.
Pit, with all of your knives, what do you use the Wolf Pup for mainly.
Why above another?

I tend to carry the Wolfpup a lot because of how compact it's overall length is and yet it is still a very tough real blade.You can almost lose it in an ordinary jeans pocket. The handle is still real meaty though and allows you to get quite a good hold.Please realise though that this is quite a heavy knife considering it's small size and does not IMO make a very good neck knife !
PICT5095.jpg

Last edited:

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
Thanks. That is pretty much what I thought.

Hey Pit
That Swamp Warden is looking a little too clean.

I have always wanted to check one of those Pups out. You ever skin with one Pit?

Hey Pit
That Swamp Warden is looking a little too clean.

I have always wanted to check one of those Pups out. You ever skin with one Pit?

My Warden is looking a little more used now, that was taken when I first got it !
No I havn't tried skinning with the Pup although I would think it would be good once the edge had been thinned out a little !!!!

CKE2

Gold Member
I checked out a wolf pup in a passaround about a year back. Nice little knife...though not little. It is very beefy in feel. I found the handle to be very comfortable...but overall, not a knife I would buy.

i got the Wolf Pup XL last spring just because it was a TOPS knife that was available AND i could afford. Its a VERY solid knife, i think if i needed i could take a hammer and pound it though a car door. the handle is curved and has a finger groove type thing on it . my hand doesnt fit great, but i can still work with it.

i havent been able to take it deer hunting , season starts for me in middle Oct, but i think the Wolfpup would be an amazing skinning blade. the handle is very nice to hold with your index finger out past the raised spine "fin".

i have mine on my GHBelt that has pouches for shot shells and bullets for my M6, my ruger pistol, and other stuff.

kind of a toss up, you either like it or not i guess. ---- Eric

Brian Jones

I love the TOPS Wolf Pup. Great litttle edc. Carried horizontally on your belt in front, and you forget it's there.

Mack

Expert Ultracrepidarian
Platinum Member
Thanks for the responses. I think there is a Wolf Pup in my future.