1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tora Tactical Knives?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Lapedog, Dec 17, 2017.

1. W. Anderson

W. Anderson Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 22, 2016
    DocJD likes this.
  2. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    Lapedog and DocJD like this.
  3. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Yeah they had that Viper Krav Maga folder in a few colours at my local knife shop and I was interested in it. I almost picked it up, it is a very cool knife. I actually liked the Viper Keeper folder better because of it's straighter handle and more inline point for pikal edge in strikes. I find "drooped" handles mess up the way the point is presented in pikal edge in unless you cock your wrist weirdly. The keeper had that double quillion which makes a great flipper and great wave.
    [​IMG]
    However the liner looked very thin on the keeper for me. I was honestly worried if it was strong enough.

If I was going to get a Viper I would probably want this one. It is STUPID expensive though. Beautiful knife!!! Viper Italo
    [​IMG]

W. Anderson and DocJD like this.
  4. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Yeah , not bad actually . But displaying a symbol that you'd have to explain to most people would be similar to having to explain a joke . Now maybe a nice skull with a big screw imbedded or something akin might be more self explanatory !

W. Anderson likes this.
  5. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    The liner on the keeper was as thin as on this linerlock version of the Italo. WTF!
    [​IMG]

6. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    Same on the Maga

7. W. Anderson

Jun 22, 2016
    DPX fan?

8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Well , these days I try real hard to avoid " dangerous places extreme " and most would be over budget for me . But nice . The wife says I'm "allowed to look" !

W. Anderson likes this.
  9. Wanimator

Wanimator

Mar 7, 2014
    Those paper thin liner locks look worse for wear.

Lapedog and W. Anderson like this.
  10. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    They may have that engineered correct , but it sure looks scary weak ! With my personal fingers at risk , I want overbuilt .

Lapedog likes this.
  11. Icehawk

Icehawk

Aug 9, 2008
    Guys you are thinking about this too much their symbol... is nothing.

DocJD and W. Anderson like this.
  12. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Just spinning the mental wheels . Sorry for off topic .