Torn on if I should

You could go with a tiger maple shaft and finish it with aqua fortis,linseed oil and wax. Tough and it would look great. I did a hawk haft like that a while back and it turned out great. Looks like you can reach into it.
5gEVd02.jpg

Not to get off topic, but that is really amazing. I really like how the Tiger Maple just makes that Hawk pop.

View attachment 1045795 View attachment 1045793
broken many fiberglass shovels myself
now i use this solid metal beastView attachment 1045796

I would definitely avaoid a fiberglass shovel handle as like Honor Earth I have seen them broken before. Not near as tough as you would think, but I have gone through more than one of the metal ones he posted. I think I am on my third All-Metal shovel. I think JTT is on the right track. You could probably trade the Nuke for one with CF & Micarta & walk away with enough cash to pay for at least most of the shaft.
Surfsidemel

I was thinking of a CF one but all the pricing on them are just nuts and don’t want to do it so bad that I would pay inflated prices. Just wish I had thought about it when they first released
I see them selling for $550. Do you consider this inflated from $470 original price plus shipping and insurance cost to the seller?

I see them selling for $550. Do you consider this inflated from $470 original price plus shipping and insurance cost to the seller?
Most of em that I have seen have been over $800, but granted I haven’t been watching here, just occasionally watching the bay in case I saw one at a good price

I got a Maroon Canvas with Comp Finish. I’ll do straight cost trade if I like your nuke. So I’ll ship knife with a money order with original delta cost per the thread posting. It’s unused in the sleeve. Let me know.

Last edited:
Just saw a CG go for just over cost, I probably wouldn’t try this, but if I found one well below cost I’d be tempted, but that would be a rare find.

Last edited:
It's only money...I can deliver pizzas to buy INFI...live the dream...just don't wreck your nuked handles...figure out a way to save them and keep your design versatile enough to where you can re-deploy them...NO REGRETS! :cool:

I think you should trade your nuked for my regular and then make a spear out of it. You won’t be seeing that handle anyway :)

i am having some very serious thoughts about taking my Nuked V8 and having someone use it to make me a spear!

Was thinking carbon fiber for the shaft and an end capon the other end. I think the blade shape and length of the V8 would make a really great spear blade while I’d leave the flares where the handle is to give me a place to grip close up.

Think it will mostly depend on if I can find someone to do it and what it would cost

I’d throw cash on top if I liked your handles.
Thanks for the offer, but after some thought I’m gonna hold onto it and just have me a boar spear made. I like the horn scales that are on it.

Thanks for the offer, but after some thought I’m gonna hold onto it and just have me a boar spear made. I like the horn scales that are on it.
I remember the pic of that one,sweet! Only one like it I saw posted.

Isn't that what your wife's kitchen knives are for?
Actually I’m the cook in the house! I got into it with my wife about kitchen knives actually.

I came home from work and she showed me a broken kitchen knife and said “These knives suck!”

I look at the knife, look at her then back at the knife. “What did you do?!?”

She goes to show me. She was using it for the screw on her license plate on her car!!! So I had to have the conversation with her about not using expensive kitchen knives as a screwdriver

Do it man that would be sweet! Or wait till the CS opens back up and commission a real spear head exactly the way you want it. Or both! :D

Another vote to go a different route than carbon fiber.

I believe RSK told me he wouldn’t do another carbon fiber version. That was probably over a year ago? You could get more specifics from him but I’m sure everyone else here nailed it.

The moment I got my FMV, I thought the same thing. Perfect for a spear.

Back