TOTM October: Halloween theme

What would you like to see as the Traditional of the Month for October?

• Canoe/Butterbean/Gunboat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whittler

• Trapper

• Texas Toothpick

• Congress

• Camper

• Sunfish/Toenail/Whaler/Roper

• Gunstock

• Moose

• Cultural traditionals (Opinels, SAK, Languiole)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, in the revived TOTM thread, someone asked what September's is going to be and the idea of an orange handled knife came up, I think this will supplement the chosen pattern quite well. Bring on your oranges, Harvest golds and Amber bones! This does not mean you have to have that pattern in this an orange variant color, but if you do that's a nice bonus.

Poll will last for 7 days.

Last edited:
I just had to vote for a gunstock given I've just gotten two, but it looks like the trapper will finally get the respect it's due.

Trouble is, I don't have an orange trapper, :eek:, I'll just have to get one :D

These are probably the closest I have to an orange handled knife, but they don't fit any of the selected categories.

Böker Tree Brand barlow

treebrandbarlow1.jpg

Case mini copperhead

deepcanyonmchafter2.jpg

I voted Toenail, but it may be the trappers day (finally).

The closest I can come to orange is a Cocobolo Barlow from AG Russell.

I voted Camper, which i'm hoping means scout knife right?

It's pretty much my favorite pattern because of its usefulness.

The only semitraditional orange knife I have is a Svord Peasant, so I might have to search one down at the next gun show 'round here.
I do have a nice, bright candy-apple red Peanut though...

IMG_0281.jpg

Pumpkin Seed Bone - Sunfish. My Halloween-ish EDC, and my vote for TOTM.

Last edited:
Jenner, that orange bone handle sunfish is sweet; congratulations. I had one on radar last year -and then one day it was gone. Goes to show that rash and compulsive knife purchases are what is best for the collection ;):thumbup:

My "Harvest Orange" bone handle Case sowbelly showed up yesterday. Very nice! Tempted to drop it in pocket today but waiting for the 1st, as it will be my October 2012 carry :D

Looking forward to seeing everybody's orange in October.

I just had to vote for a gunstock given I've just gotten two, but it looks like the trapper will finally get the respect it's due.

Trouble is, I don't have an orange trapper, :eek:, I'll just have to get one :D

I voted gunstock also. That is because I just got my first one. Trappers, I have a handful of them, but I really expected that vote to be overwhelming after the masses had the 2012 BF knife in hand. It is a trapper right?

Kevin

Give that October begins the change of the seasons. I intend to carry a different knife (frame/style) every day. That's 7/week. Repeats allowed on a weekly basis.

I gave this to an old childhood friend of mine who's battling cancer for the second time in his life, he lit right up when I handed it to him. He sent me an email last week to tell me that he's used it quite a bit and that he can't wait to take it fishing with him.

IMG_0077.jpg

Orange?....

DSC01100.jpg

Did some say "Orange"?....

DSC01099.jpg

Orange you glad I didn't post the banana?.... :D

Back