Trac-Tec Durability?

Hey guys, i just got my first kershaw that has Trac-Tec inserts, i haven't used the knife yet but they seam like they could just come out over time. I have them in the Salvo (barrage) and they just seam like there glued or mabey molded in to the frame.
What kind of experinces have some of you guys had with Trac-Tec?
Thanks,:)

I came into a Blur that was beat to death -- the red anodizing was worn away all over and the blade tip was broken and reground. The Trac Tec was perfect. It was the older (sandpaper style) version, though.

I came into a Blur that was beat to death -- the red anodizing was worn away all over and the blade tip was broken and reground. The Trac Tec was perfect. It was the older (sandpaper style) version, though.
This is the newer rubbery stuff,
id like to see how they compare.
thanks!

I have used mine reasonably hard, both indoors and out, and it looks good as new. No complaints.

Mine have never come out nor worn out on me. . They are glued IIRC, but the glue is definitely tough stuff.

Just don't wash caulking off with xylene and they will last a long time.;) Cleaned my 2445 Salvo up after work and the next day one part fell off. Two days later the other half came off also.

Xylene = Bad news for the glue and the rubber insert.

Just don't wash caulking off with xylene and they will last a long time.;) Cleaned my 2445 Salvo up after work and the next day one part fell off. Two days later the other half came off also.

Xylene = Bad news for the glue and the rubber insert.
Whats it look like underneath?
is it just bead blasted and resessed?:confused:

Thanks!

My Kershaw Storm's Trac-Tec came off after about 2 years of EDC. No Big deal, I fixed it in a few seconds with some super glue.

I replaced the sand paper trac-tec with the newer rubbery stuff (via Kershaw), and it hasn't come off. It has adhesive on the back, so it's just peel and apply.

Back