1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Trac-Tec Durability?

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by JBK2596, Oct 16, 2011.

1. JBK2596

JBK2596

Oct 7, 2010
    Hey guys, i just got my first kershaw that has Trac-Tec inserts, i haven't used the knife yet but they seam like they could just come out over time. I have them in the Salvo (barrage) and they just seam like there glued or mabey molded in to the frame.
    What kind of experinces have some of you guys had with Trac-Tec?
    Thanks,:)

2. lava_lamp

lava_lamp Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 5, 2006
    I came into a Blur that was beat to death -- the red anodizing was worn away all over and the blade tip was broken and reground. The Trac Tec was perfect. It was the older (sandpaper style) version, though.

3. JBK2596

JBK2596

Oct 7, 2010
    This is the newer rubbery stuff,
    id like to see how they compare.
    thanks!

4. jacksterp

jacksterp Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 3, 2011
    I have used mine reasonably hard, both indoors and out, and it looks good as new. No complaints.

5. knivesandguns

knivesandguns

Mar 6, 2008
    Mine have never come out nor worn out on me. . They are glued IIRC, but the glue is definitely tough stuff.

6. tradestar

tradestar

Oct 14, 2010
    Kershaw's warranty....I would not worry about it.

7. presz

presz

Nov 12, 2005
    Just don't wash caulking off with xylene and they will last a long time.;) Cleaned my 2445 Salvo up after work and the next day one part fell off. Two days later the other half came off also.

Xylene = Bad news for the glue and the rubber insert.

8. JBK2596

JBK2596

Oct 7, 2010
    Whats it look like underneath?
    is it just bead blasted and resessed?:confused:

Thanks!

9. SludgecicleMan

SludgecicleMan

Jun 11, 2011
    My Kershaw Storm's Trac-Tec came off after about 2 years of EDC. No Big deal, I fixed it in a few seconds with some super glue.

10. presz

presz

Nov 12, 2005
    It is about 2mm deep with small machine markers visible . I will try to get a picture soon.

11. JBK2596

JBK2596

Oct 7, 2010
    Cool, Thanks

12. seelow123

seelow123

Oct 4, 2008
    Nuff said.

13. dano

dano

Oct 3, 1998
    I replaced the sand paper trac-tec with the newer rubbery stuff (via Kershaw), and it hasn't come off. It has adhesive on the back, so it's just peel and apply.