1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackrock One-Time "Best Sheath" Contest Winner

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Luca917, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    One of the best surprises of this Trackrock weekend was the spontaneous
    "Best Sheath Contest"
    sponsored by an anonymous and extremely generous attendee and collector.
    I've been asked to keep his identity a secret.

The best representation of quality sheath making and leather work was quietly selected and the winner awarded with this rare and incredible gift.

Honorable mention to Carl and Allen for third and second place, respectively.

Congratulations
    Andy Roy
    First Place Winner!

Enjoy your new rifle!

[​IMG]

Update
    Or The "All in Good Fun" Alert
    Since he now knows...
    There was no contest. No rifle award. The pic is staged to mess with our good friend Rick Lowe in retribution for failing to attend Trackrock this time.

Rick responds he "laughed my ass off" and that "I couldn't have done better myself."

He also says "You guys are special." Not sure if that last comment is actually a compliment...

Hahahaha! Love ya buddy!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Sweet! Looks like a beautiful day and a great time. A guy I grew up with had a carbine that looked like that. Care to share specs on the prize?

3. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    It looks a lot like a fancied-up M1 .30cal carbine...complete with adjustable rear peep sight... that I carried sometimes in place of the Garand ... in another land and an awfully long time ago...
    And...YES....emphatic yes to Andy Roy...I have several of his outstanding blades here and one of his sheaths... Great workmanship...fixed blades AND sheaths.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    apparently this secret committee did not see the sheath Scott Davidson brought to me

Luca917 likes this.
  5. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    No Honey, I didn't buy a new gun, I won it in a secret contest. Here look!

I gotta remember that one! Seriously, congratulations.

Comprehensivist and Luca917 like this.
  6. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Phillip...as you know...many are called, but few are chosen...
    Fortunately, we have quite a few serious artists in our forum...I'm also fond of Horsewright's leather..

7. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Looked like Fido's butt to me (but I might be biased). Was a sweet little carbine though.

Luca917 likes this.
  8. Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    Update
    Or The "All in Good Fun" Alert
    Since he now knows...
    There was no contest. No rifle award. The pic is staged to mess with our good friend Rick Lowe in retribution for failing to attend Trackrock this time.

Rick responds he "laughed my ass off" and that "I couldn't have done better myself."

He also says "You guys are special." Not sure if that last comment is actually a compliment...

Hahahaha! Love ya buddy!

Nbrackett likes this.
  9. pertinux

pertinux Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 1, 2012
    The twine on @Fiddleback's "winner" was a very nice touch. :D

~ P.

10. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Yep, had me for a minute, then remembered Andy had that nice old .30 carbine. Hated to miss a Track Rock and all the really special friends there, but surely appreciate the thoughts. Probably would have ended up a bad fourth in that contest anyway.

11. Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    We had already voted you in as an honorary fourth prize. You won a half eaten hot dog and a stub of a chewed on cigar.

Nbrackett likes this.
  12. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 6, 2005
    Stub of a cigar was good enough for Roger Miller and remember times a half eaten hot dog woulda made the day, so I'm honored to be in the mix.

Luca917 and Nbrackett like this.
  13. Luca917

Jan 10, 2016
    ...rooms to let, 50 cents...

Unbelievable. I played that song for my students not two hours ago.

Bali-Flipper32 likes this.
  14. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    "Special Guys" get to ride the short bus......... (I know exactly what RLo means)

Luca917 likes this.
  15. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Besides He's right about the ceegar........all those WWII Naval Aviators couldn't be wrong! I grew up thinking that was just part of the uniform dress code.

16. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Shit. We had fun doing this. We missed you Rick!

17. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    yea Rick, I was hoping for a leather lesson. Oh and that's not a leather whip lesson

Bob

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  18. Rick Lowe

Jan 6, 2005
    Uh oh! Now that's a conversation starter. We also need to talk about what the middle "c" stands for in ccw.

Luca917 and Bmurray like this.
  19. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Correction, not a lesther whip lesson. However Andy might like that.