Trackrock One-Time "Best Sheath" Contest Winner

One of the best surprises of this Trackrock weekend was the spontaneous
"Best Sheath Contest"
sponsored by an anonymous and extremely generous attendee and collector.
I've been asked to keep his identity a secret.

The best representation of quality sheath making and leather work was quietly selected and the winner awarded with this rare and incredible gift.

Honorable mention to Carl and Allen for third and second place, respectively.

Congratulations
Andy Roy
First Place Winner!

Enjoy your new rifle!

Rick-vi.jpg

Update
Or The "All in Good Fun" Alert
Since he now knows...
There was no contest. No rifle award. The pic is staged to mess with our good friend Rick Lowe in retribution for failing to attend Trackrock this time.

Rick responds he "laughed my ass off" and that "I couldn't have done better myself."

He also says "You guys are special." Not sure if that last comment is actually a compliment...

Hahahaha! Love ya buddy!

Last edited:
Sweet! Looks like a beautiful day and a great time. A guy I grew up with had a carbine that looked like that. Care to share specs on the prize?

It looks a lot like a fancied-up M1 .30cal carbine...complete with adjustable rear peep sight... that I carried sometimes in place of the Garand ... in another land and an awfully long time ago...
And...YES....emphatic yes to Andy Roy...I have several of his outstanding blades here and one of his sheaths... Great workmanship...fixed blades AND sheaths.

Last edited:
apparently this secret committee did not see the sheath Scott Davidson brought to me

apparently this secret committee did not see the sheath Scott Davidson brought to me

Phillip...as you know...many are called, but few are chosen...
Fortunately, we have quite a few serious artists in our forum...I'm also fond of Horsewright's leather..

Looked like Fido's butt to me (but I might be biased). Was a sweet little carbine though.

Update
Or The "All in Good Fun" Alert
Since he now knows...
There was no contest. No rifle award. The pic is staged to mess with our good friend Rick Lowe in retribution for failing to attend Trackrock this time.

Rick responds he "laughed my ass off" and that "I couldn't have done better myself."

He also says "You guys are special." Not sure if that last comment is actually a compliment...

Hahahaha! Love ya buddy!

Yep, had me for a minute, then remembered Andy had that nice old .30 carbine. Hated to miss a Track Rock and all the really special friends there, but surely appreciate the thoughts. Probably would have ended up a bad fourth in that contest anyway.

Yep, had me for a minute, then remembered Andy had that nice old .30 carbine. Hated to miss a Track Rock and all the really special friends there, but surely appreciate the thoughts. Probably would have ended up a bad fourth in that contest anyway.

We had already voted you in as an honorary fourth prize. You won a half eaten hot dog and a stub of a chewed on cigar.

Besides He's right about the ceegar........all those WWII Naval Aviators couldn't be wrong! I grew up thinking that was just part of the uniform dress code.

yea Rick, I was hoping for a leather lesson. Oh and that's not a leather whip lesson

Bob

Last edited:
Correction, not a lesther whip lesson. However Andy might like that.

Back