1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Trading an 18” WW2 for a 16.5”

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Mitch Taldison, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Mitch Taldison

Mitch Taldison

Jan 26, 2019
    Guys I received my HI WW2 18” kuhkri and it is really amazing. But, I’ve been carrying it around on the belt and just from the feel and balance of it, I am really thinking I should have gotten the 16.5” model. If anyone out there would like to trade there’s for an unused, like-new (I’ve never cut anything with it) I would love to. Thanks!

-Mitch

2. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Mitch:

The bigger HI knives are often too heavy for belt carry, or for extended use, depending on the person, of course.

It looks like your membership level doesn't allow anyone to contact you by messaging. There are some Bladeforums rule about this kind of transaction. I'm not sure, but I think they're supposed to be done privately or in the Exchange subforum.

I suggest that you email Yangdu and ask if she has a lighter weight WW II available. If so, she will probably be amenable to a swap.

3. Mitch Taldison

Mitch Taldison

Jan 26, 2019
    Wow, really? I have 85 messages here and have been on here for months, yet I can’t PM anyone? Can’t say I’ve ever been apart of any board with such a restrictive policy on private messaging. What exactly does one have to do, or pay, to get such a privilege here?

4. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I won't swear to this, but I think you have to have a Gold membership, which cost $10 a year last I looked. I don't make the rules. I don't even know who makes the rules. I only have a vague idea what the rules are. Sorry.

Main thing right now is email Yangdu and ask if she has a smaller/lighter WWII that you might trade for.

Mitch Taldison likes this.
  5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Yup have to be Gold (I believe), I'm not 100 % certain on the rules either.
    Sales or swaps have to be done in the exchange or privately.
    David's idea of contacting Yangdu is a good one, if she has one suitable I'm sure she would be amenable to switching them out.

6. moparsbob

moparsbob Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that you can just get a basic membership for $10/year and be able to PM others, but you're very limited in how many conversations you can have at one time. If you increase your membership level to gold, for $30/year, then you can have a lot more conversions going, and you also are allowed to sell on the exchange.