Trading as a basic member

Hey guys I was trying to post in the knife exchange and per rules it says basic members can trade however it tells me I’m not allowed to post there. My question is how can a basic member trade if they can’t post in the exchange. Please delete this if it is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I was trying to post in the knife exchange and per rules it says basic members can trade however it tells me I’m not allowed to post there. My question is how can a basic member trade if they can’t post in the exchange. Please delete this if it is not allowed.

You aren't currently a Basic member, which is why you can't initiate a trade thread
https://bladeforums.com/pember/membership-new

HH is correct. You are a "Registered Member", not a "basic member".

https://www.bladeforums.com/help/exchange-rules/

SECTION 1- Membership Levels Defined:

BladeForums.com is supported by members who have paid subscriptions. These different subscription levels offer various perks and benefits. As such, only certain membership levels may advertise items and services for sale on this site. Below are some general guidelines as to what priviledges each membership has within this area. Put it another way, without the appropriate level of paid subscription, you may not advertise or sell on this site. Period. No excuses.

MANUFACTURERS - Manufacturers & their designated moderators may offer items for sale in their dedicated Hosted Manufacturer Forum. Manufacturers are encouraged to contact us regarding a Hosted Manufacturer forum.

DEALER / MATERIALS PROVIDER - Dealers are defined as anyone who purchases at wholesale pricing, or purchases items with the intent to resell (flipping). Other terms for dealers include purveyor, broker, reseller, etc. Materials Providers offer raw materials such as steel, handle materials, or other items related to knifemaking in general as typical stock for sale to the forum members or to the general public via their own store front or website. We reserve the right to make the final determination as to what constitutes a "dealer".

KNIFEMAKER / CRAFTSMAN / SERVICE PROVIDER (hearafter referred to as "Knifemaker") - Knifemaker's are allowed to sell items that they have personally created or modified in the KnifeMaker For Sale forums, or their own Hosted KnifeMaker Forum. If you are a knifemaker or craftsman and would like your own Hosted KnifeMaker Forum, please contact us.
Note, if you pay for 3 years at once, you can have your very own subforum and you save a bit of cash rather than buying one year at a time. This might be an option for the seasoned and serious members.

PLATINUM or GOLD - Platinum or Gold members are allowed to post in any of the Individual For Sale or Trade forums. They may sell items in the For Sale By Individuals, and can list items for Trade as well. They cannot sell items they have made, for that you will require a Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider membership, no exceptions.

BASIC MEMBERS - Basic members are not allowed to post items for sale. You may post items for Trade in the Wanted To Trade Forums, or post requests for items to purchase in the Wanted To Buy Forums.

REGISTERED USERS - The first level of membership. If you have not purchased a paid subscription, you are by default a Registered User. As such, you are very limited to posting areas in the Exchange. You may respond to threads where you mean to purchase an item, or trade. You are not allowed to create threads for Selling or Trading (but you may respond to existing ads). You do have the ability to create Want To Buy threads.

Makes sense now fellas I appreciate it. I figured basic was basic I didn’t realize that was also a paid subscription.

Back