Trading etiquette

Please delete if not allowed here.

I'm getting ready to do my first trade. Would there be anything different? Do we both just ship at the same time or does one go before the other? Sorry if this a crazy question.
Thanks everyone.

If the person I'm trading with has less feedback than me, I'll ask them to ship first and then I'll ship mine as soon as I receive theirs.

Norm is same time ,but the terms are up to the individuals. They can accept those terms, negotiate or move on.
I personally don't like to trade . It is much more complicated than a straight sale, and has more chances of failure. I prefer to sell what I have and buy exactly what I want, but each to their own.

R russ25 , when I've traded before, I'll read a person's profile page, see if they're active in the community outside of sales/trade/buy forums. If they are not active, I won't trade. Trading is always a gamble, so, don't rely on someone's feedback alone, if you have ant ill feelings about a trade, then don't.
Ask for a picture of the shipping label and a pic of the acceptance receipt from the P.O., doesn't matter to me who ships first or if it's around the same time as long as I have those two pieces of proof.
But then again, I haven't done a lot of trades, and the ones I have traded with have been established members that I've interacted with through posts or P.M's

I did a trade last year - my CRK for a CF Reate and since l only had a feedback score of 2 the other person said to ship mine 1st, once he got it and checked it out then he would send his to me, was a perfect trade.
Plus I'm in Australia.
Depends who has the most amount of positive feedback.

Guys thank you so muc . As it turns out, he backed out at the last minute. No worries,maybe a blessing in disguis . He listed it for sale only for a way low price.
And I would agree, this was stressful. Much easier to just buy and be done.

Hope it works out for you. My one and only trade was a CRK for a CRK by a well known at the time member. Both were mint or so was said. What I received was far from mint. Rather than complain, I just chose to not trade in the future.

Back