Traditional and Modern pairings

0WJHJHt.jpg

Today's carry was a couple from the companies that make up the majority of my knife accumulation.

f8IFSvo.jpg

How's the chaparral? Seems like one of the few modern folders that might match some traditionals for slicing ability. A bit thicker than a peanut at the spine, but it's also significantly broader (same with an Opinel no. 6)

How's the chaparral? Seems like one of the few modern folders that might match some traditionals for slicing ability. A bit thicker than a peanut at the spine, but it's also significantly broader (same with an Opinel no. 6)
That's a Native 5 LW Maxamet. I do have a Raffir Noble Chaparral and it is the sliciest modern folder I own. Very thin behind the edge and a pretty interesting handle material.

That's a Native 5 LW Maxamet. I do have a Raffir Noble Chaparral and it is the sliciest modern folder I own. Very thin behind the edge and a pretty interesting handle material.
Ahhh my bad, a lot of Spydies look very similar to my eye. I was looking at the raffir noble earlier today, definitely interesting looking stuff. A bit out of my price range, but very nice.

Back