1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional and Modern pairings

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by lobodelanoche, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    I love it !!

flatblackcapo likes this.
  2. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2013
    IMG_5165.PNG
    :D

TFBraden, redsparrow, mitch13 and 2 others like this.
  3. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
  4. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
  5. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Dragonfly & Possum
    [​IMG]

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Not sure if this fits the modern category, but I'm not sure it fits the traditional category either...

After finding a chore where some of my traditional knives fell short, mostly due to size, I decided I really need a stout work knife with a locking mechanism. I've never been a Buck lockback fan because all the "wrong" people carried them when I was younger. But I decided that Buck must know what they are doing when it comes to lockback knives, they've had lots of practice and many years of production. So, I promptly ordered my first Buck lockback and I'm happy that it seems like a solid user. This will take care of the BIG chores and probably go camping with me too.

[​IMG]

7. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Alternating between these two lately.

[​IMG]

8. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Case Sodbuster with a B...……...Orange lizard.o_O
    [​IMG]

9. Kiro

Kiro Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2017
    My Friday work pair
    PhotoPictureResizer_190913_111517792_crop_3302x1711-1280x663.jpg

10. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    EA9BFB7E-A20E-4202-981F-609B72D4D9A7.jpeg Today going with my grey Byrd Cara Cara and a GEC 35 Calf Pen in nifebright.

11. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    It's as if they were made for each other ! ;) :p
    Waves out of pocket and everything so that cardboard box or rope doesn't have a chance to escape . . . or attack.
    The Case Teardrop with Water Buffalo Horn is better at finer work like brain surgery but as they say tools don't make the surgeon. The Colossus is up to it in the right hands.
    IMG_5949.jpg

12. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    I like this pairing. As cheap as the Ka-bar is it’s a great knife. The 43 I love and can’t wait for another run of them.
    [​IMG]

13. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Combination of “today’s pile” and modern... enjoy the weekend and college football image.jpg

14. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
  15. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Para 3's & 93's

Left to right - Carbon Fiber 52100, Red Linen Northwoods, Black Canvas, and DLT M390.

[​IMG]

16. JaxBaron

Jul 4, 2016
  17. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Traditional? Modern? I'm having trouble figuring out which is which.

[​IMG]

18. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    My lucky knives for surgery yesterday (not a major surgery, I just am antsy about general anesthesia). One a gift from my wonderful wife, the other my first GEC:

[​IMG]

And the mailcall I came home to:

[​IMG]

19. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Nice pair. Looks like you had some good mojo. I know what you mean about general anesthesia, during minor surgery a 14yo friend followed the light...

20. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Really sorry to hear that.

The scary thing was, someone checked a wrong box and my profile showed I had an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, which I very much DO NOT HAVE. It was a big concern to the anesthetist. It's crazy that someone can check a wrong box on a computer and totally change your health information.

brownshoe likes this.