Traditional and Modern pairings

I searched far and wide for a particular knife. I wanted a medium to large lockback knife, with a nail nick (no thumb studs etc.), as traditional materials as possible, and a nice discreet deep carry pocket clip. You know, a good traditional Lockback with a pocket clip bonus. I don't use sheaths so I wanted a pocket clip to be able to carry the big knife comfortably in my pocket. But alas they are super hard to find, so if anybody knows of one...
I did try the AG Russel Rancher, but it was a little small and the blade liked to flop around loose in the blade well, which bugged the crap out of me.
I did however find this one by RealSteel, which comes sorta of close. It's not exactly what I was looking for but it will do until I can find the right one. It's a big heavy knife and It's kind of cool that I can LOCK the lock. Maybe I can get this one rehandled in slimmer Micarta or Wood. You can tell how thick the G10 is when you look at the cutout for the locking mechanism.

that’s the best looking case barlow I’ve seen John.
Went for fish last night at a new restaurant with my Aunt. Their gimmick was all you can eat hush puppies and white beans. Fish was good also, although no adult beverages.image.jpg

Last edited:
IRrl7NJ.jpg

Back