Traditional and Modern pairings

81XI1ki.jpg

Happy Sunday All...
Added an MXG clip to the Delica, which makes it absolutely disappear in the pocket.
I've been on a big Single-Blade Barlow kick lately, and this gifted Case sure is put together well.

I've really been thinking of picking up a k390 delica. Do you feel like there is still a place for a delica in 2021?

How do you guys like the CF handles?
I like both the FRN and the the Carbon Fiber Laminate.
I think the CF is a classier looking material, while FRN feels more "outdoorsy".
I only chose the CF because I already had some FRN and G10 examples in my drawers.

Classic design, solid construction, and super slim in the pocket... I think it's still relevant.
It's not going to 'wow' the knife snobs, but it's still an effective cutting tool and pairs well with traditionals.
Thank you! That's sort of what I was thinking about it and it's good to hear. The people on the forum and the forum itself should get commission for all the sales haha!

I like both the FRN and the the Carbon Fiber Laminate.
I think the CF is a classier looking material, while FRN feels more "outdoorsy".
I only chose the CF because I already had some FRN and G10 examples in my drawers.
Thanks John.

How do you guys like the CF handles? Given a choice, IYO, would you pay the extra for them over FRN on the same knife? I know its all very subjective, just wonder what you guys think.

I love almost everything about the Sage 5, including the handle material (g10 /cf laminate) which is durable, grippy, and attractive. That said, well done frn has very few drawbacks besides aesthetics. If that isn’t important for your purposes, I wouldn’t pay much extra for cf.

Back