1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Traditional and Modern pairings

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by lobodelanoche, Aug 5, 2012.

1. MT Damascus

MT Damascus

Jan 14, 2011
    Two knives I like very much, Spyderco Rubicon and a wharncliffe lockback whittler in nice stag, 14k gold pins, and blades and backsprings of CTS XHP, built by the talented Joel Chamblin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Here's a couple that pack a punch outside their weight class:

[​IMG]

the slim Fox Knives 271 is a real slicer, it just glides through cardboard.

3. mostho

mostho

Mar 5, 2007
    One of my favorite combo ever.

[​IMG]

4. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Have been carrying these two for weeks.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. Wheeler80

Wheeler80 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. xceptnl

xceptnl

Jan 30, 2008
    [​IMG]

7. savage99

savage99

Jan 3, 2014
    That flipper on the boker looks tiny and kind of useless. How does it function.

8. Sonnemann

Sonnemann

Sep 21, 2010
    Just my $.02: The flipper was way too small for me. I had to attach one of the screw-on thumbstuds that people used to put on Buck 110s and then it became an excellent knife. I, too, liked very much the Urban and "rural" trapper combination :)

9. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

Ken

10. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    That's a great suggestion Sonnemann! I loved the looks of that knife from the post so much I emailed my wife a link for my Christmas list :) I was thinking of the slim form factor and light weight, with that beautiful clip and was sold right there, I probably will be happy two handing it though, but the screw on thumb stud might just be an option I will consider...

11. xceptnl

xceptnl

Jan 30, 2008
    [​IMG]

12. arrowhd

arrowhd Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

13. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    [​IMG]

14. Todd Isa 53

Todd Isa 53 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Not sure which is traditional or modern, both beautiful.
    [​IMG]
    Just in case... A pic for a sure fit
    [​IMG]

15. Wheeler80

Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

16. Wheeler80

Nov 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

17. Luger1952

Luger1952 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Wheeler80 is that a 3 Sisters spear point Beast? What is the blade steel? Beautiful folder!
    Thanks and Happy Holidays

18. Wheeler80

Nov 12, 2013
    Yep, a spear point Beast it is. Just got it in from Jim. S35VN, rounded off edges, centered and smooth. It may kick the Sebenza out.

19. link2derek

link2derek

Oct 8, 2010
    I like these two together:

[​IMG]

20. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013