1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional Box GAW/Swap #4

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Nature Boy, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Sorry for the delay, folks! Summer’s been real busy here, but let’s get on with it!

So much traditional goodness arrived at my door a couple weeks ago, looking like this:
    F01C759E-A0EC-4B80-9443-FFCC6BCEAF04.jpeg

It was a lot of fun checking out each knife and seeing what people had passed along. Almost every knife tempted me in some way, but I tried to really limit my selection. Here is what I’m keeping:
    DD71046C-8E5B-41E7-8748-0D11D965A301.jpeg
    I’ve never owned a 112 or large sodbuster - though I’m familiar with their siblings - so I felt like it was the right time to give them some further attention. And the small Camillus stockman grabbed my attention right away.

Now, for the additions:
    8A8CF543-4670-40E7-B979-D253C8A4AAB1.jpeg
    Hopefully I am at least matching in terms of value and variety. Included are a Hammer pen knife, a Boker Barlow, a Kabar fixed blade, a small Buck Whittler, an alox SAK classic, and a NIB Case Swayback Gent.

If you were in on the previous rounds, I’ll try to make sure you are in on this run. I’ll keep a running list below. If you’re not on the list, and want to be in, let me know!

I’ll draw the next winner on Thursday, August 1st.

Who’s in?
    1. @JTB_5
    2. @biomed
    3. @TX Traditional
    4. @AlwaysTomboy
    5. @315
    6. @chuck4570
    7. @kvaughn
    8. @CVamberbonehead
    9. @dcpritch
    10. @PStone
    11. @TheEdge01
    12. @veitsi_poika
    13. @pa knifeguy
    14. @JupiterPaladin
    15. @r8shell
    16. @Gary W. Graley
    17. @r redden
    18. @scattershot
    19. @rye_a
    20. @stevekolt
    21. @AdamFuzzyballs
    22. @Fodderwing
    23. @Ernie1980
    24. @Hickory n steel
    25. @Neko2
    26. @TheFactor
    27. @The Shatz
    28. @JohnDF
    29. @Jody744
    30. @PirateSeulb

For those of you just tuning in, here are links to the previous rounds:
    Round 1 Reboot by @Hickory n steel https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-winner-chosen.1655095/
    Round 2 https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-2.1658506/
    Round 3 https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-3-winner-chosen.1667852/

And the original design, which went like 30 rounds before the box disappeared, started by @mrknife
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/rye_a-you-have-the-conn-gaw-continues.1410482/

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I’m glad you’re taking my Buck. You’re putting in a great selection, and I’m tempted, but please delete my name from the draw. It’s someone else’s turn to win. I hope lots more will join the fun!

Nature Boy likes this.
  3. pa knifeguy

pa knifeguy Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    please count me in.

Nature Boy likes this.
  4. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    So I'm curious and confused about the rules and structure of this. This is another reminder that I need to re-up my membership.

5. Nature Boy

Jan 15, 2016
    The Buck was a no-brained for me - thanks for passing it along! I figured it was probably too early for you and 315, but added you just in case. I’ll remove you, but let me know if you change your mind!

You got it. Good luck!

Say that you’re in to be entered. If you win, the box of knives will be sent to you. Take what interests you. Add any knives you have at home that you’d like to pass along. Host the next round GAW.

6. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks for keeping me included

Nature Boy likes this.
  7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Great choices all the way around, in taking as well as adding.

Nature Boy likes this.
  8. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Great additions Mike. I won one of the original GAW's so not an entry. It's good to see it rolling along.

neal70, Will Power and Nature Boy like this.
  9. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    How about this. Leave me in the draw, if I win take my position that you have me numbered at at divide it into the total number of posts in this thread. The person that has the number, rounded up or down gets the box. If for some weird reason it ends up being me again let me know ASAP so I can run out and buy a lottery ticketo_O Then multiple it by 3 and divide by 2 for the next winner...:confused::confused: If we can’t figure out the math, we will ask @5K Qs to come out of retirement and help us out!!!

10. Nature Boy

Jan 15, 2016
    :thumbsup:Sounds like a simple solution:D

315 and r8shell like this.
  11. Nature Boy

Jan 15, 2016
    Added this to the first post as well:
    For those of you just tuning in, here are links to the previous rounds:
    Round 1 Reboot by @Hickory n steel https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-winner-chosen.1655095/
    Round 2 https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-2.1658506/
    Round 3 https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/traditional-box-gaw-3-winner-chosen.1667852/

And the original design, which went like 30 rounds before the box disappeared, started by @mrknife
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/rye_a-you-have-the-conn-gaw-continues.1410482/

r8shell likes this.
  12. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    This box of knives already has a terrific selection!!

Nature Boy likes this.
  13. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Sounds like you guys have it under control! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D I'm leaving for vacation August 3, so if you want me to help (and can afford my consulting fees, including per diem), don't waste any time after the drawing if @315 wins.

Mike, congrats on your win of Round 3 of the reboot. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
    You chose some fine prizes and made desirable additions!

Thanks for these links, too! :):cool::cool: At one time, I tried to keep links updated to the various rounds of the original "never-ending GAW". But I didn't do it for every round, and the names people gave to the threads changed from one round to the next, and eventually the thread titles didn't always contain the round number, so it became difficult to search for all the relevant threads.

I'd encourage winners to include round numbers in the titles when they start a new thread for the next round.

- GT

seas165 and 315 like this.
  14. Nature Boy

Jan 15, 2016
    It was a bit difficult to track down the original thread! It was finding your thread that eventually led me to it!

15. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    I'm in please!!

Nature Boy likes this.
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    "I'm In" and I promise not to keep all the knives and stop the GAW. :D

Nature Boy, 315 and r8shell like this.
  17. Nature Boy

Jan 15, 2016
    Weekend bump!

18. JupiterPaladin

JupiterPaladin Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Awesome to see another round with some nice variety there :thumbsup: Another big thanks to @Hickory n steel for getting it going again!

chuck4570, Nature Boy and r8shell like this.
  19. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Looks like fun, throw my name in the hat please!

Nature Boy likes this.
  20. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thank you , I'm certainly happy to have done it.
    It allows people to try different knives, have gives unwanted knives a new home, and showcases the generosity of the porch.

JupiterPaladin, chuck4570 and 315 like this.